Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused as to what the "archive" folder at the end of my list of books is for.  AFAIK, there is no mention of it in the users guide, and also checked here in forums...I read that downloads "in-progress" temporarily pass through that folder, but is there any other purpose? I can't find a way to move things there, and it doesn't look like anything is in there now. Anybody help me figure this out?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
If you delete a book that you purchased from Amazon, it will still appear in your archive folder, and you will be able to download it again.

It is similar to the Content Manager in the original Kindle.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
You find it on the Amazon site under Manage Your Kindle

·
Registered
723 Posts
I had some confusion on this as well.

Any books that are in the Archive list are NOT in fact on your Kindle but ARE in the Amazon storage system.
You can move your books into the archive section and then you can also remove them again WITHOUT having to go to Amazon directly, as long as you have Wispernet function.

The Amazon storage system will ONLY hold those books you bought from Amazon, you can not store books etc you purchase elsewhere. This fact I am 99% sure on but not totally, someone esle will confirm or correct.

I am using the Archive as a way to keep my Home page numbers of books to a 2-3 page range. I get to confused and overwhelmed if I just have unlimited amounts of books listed on the Home page. But I can always access them from the Arcihves section.

I hope this makes some sense...

Eric

·
Registered
460 Posts
Think of it as a list of books you’ve purchased, without actually having them stored on your Kindle. Then you can re-download them as necessary.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help everyone, I think I understand now...
but how do you move books to the archive folder? Kinda like what Eric was saying, I am trying to keep the "clutter" off my kindle and keep my book list down to a page or 2, but I don't see an option to move to the archive folder. Do I use "remove from device" to do this?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
As a point of addition to the earlier replies...

Magazines, newspapers, and blogs purchased thru Amazon also go to the Archive Folder when you delete them (As periodicals, they only keep for a certain amount of time in the folder, then they are gone for good). Only way to keep periodicals indefinitely is to save them on your computer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts