Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually, i get 90% of the KDP Notification emails today and then one or two the next day

I've only got one today.

Anyone else receive their emails today?

Just wondering if there is a delay.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Seriously? Unless it's already the 22nd where you live, it's way too soon to be even thinking about emailing them. And even then, probably pointless.

There is no rule, AFAIK, that says they email on the 20th. They don't even have to pay us on the 29th. They say the "end of the month" and there has been times they've missed the 29th payment--that they don't have to meet, but we have come to expect.

So it pretty much boils down to you'll get your email when you get it, and you will get paid by the "end of the month." Which could be the 31st.

Nothing we can do but wait.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ImaWriter said:
Seriously? Unless it's already the 22nd where you live, it's way too soon to be even thinking about emailing them. And even then, probably pointless.

There is no rule, AFAIK, that says they email on the 20th. They don't even have to pay us on the 29th. They say the "end of the month" and there has been times they've missed the 29th payment--that they don't have to meet, but we have come to expect.

So it pretty much boils down to you'll get your email when you get it, and you will get paid by the "end of the month." Which could be the 31st.

Nothing we can do but wait.
I disagree.

Actually, in all the years I've been with them they have always Emailed me on the 20th, with maybe one country notification email arriving on the 21st.

I can go back through my email history. They all say the 20th. At which point i can go into PAYMENTS tab and see them listed there as PENDING for the 29th where the payment shows up in the account.

I'm referring to the emails and payments tab.

The ONE time i didn't bother phoning them when i saw they had missed the USA, was the ONE time their account department messed up and said they were going to have to pay me that one the following month.

I had to email bezos to get the top guys to handle it. So yes there is something you can do as an author. And yes they are expected to pay us on time.

And yes, its crucial to make sure you get those KDP payment notification emails and it shows in the payment tab as pending. They usually go out on the 20th for me without fail. If i don't see them, you can be sure I get worried, even more so if i don't see under REPORTS> PAYMENTS tab the countries listed as PENDING.

Right now i only see one as pending.

Where do you get the 22nd from?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually going back through my history I noticed in October last year, there was a similar delay. One email came in at 5 in the morning, and the rest didn't starting showing until almost 6 pm that night.

All other months they come in throughout the day. Strange, maybe October is an odd month for them.

Either way I will give it until tomorrow. Hopefully they will come this evening.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've gotten 5 so far, starting at 6:40 EST. No US or UK yet. Judging by my email, it seems like those 2 come the next day.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
鬼 said:
I've gotten 5 so far, starting at 6:40 EST. No US or UK yet. Judging by my email, it seems like those 2 come the next day.
Yeah, India arrived on the morning of the 20th then all the rest arrived in the late evening last night, with USA and UK this morning.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Although notifications start trickling in earlier, payments don't actually land in my account until the 29th, so I don't start checking until then at the earliest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts