Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm sitting here alternating between continually refreshing my mail, checking the kindleboards and looking out the window (and opening the door even).. while knowing my dogs will certainly let me know the UPS man is here, as if I won't hear his pounding alert... I've been wondering...

Are all ebook readers the same in that when a new model comes out, it's all such big news... each board/mail groups wait impatiently for updates, looking for "new" pictures? Or is it just us?

Something about the Kindle just seems so special to me. Maybe because many of us have had such a hard, long wait, and those who have them not only empathize with us, but are also excited about the K2 (if for no other reason than curiosity).

I order things via amazon and other places often enough and never do I continually check the routing number and refresh (not even when it was xmas!)... never am I constantly resisting the urge to open the door and look outside again...

All items, games, etc seem to have a following, or committed users... so it's no surprise to find "kindle" everywhere (email, forums, twitter, FB, etc) But, it seems like SUCH a presence to me. Is it just me?

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think this kind of thing happens all the time when something new comes out.  I rememeber when the new apple computer operating system was coming out.  People were going crazy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts