Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've played it safe so far by using only text links in my signature, but I've noticed that other erotica authors DO have their cover images displayed.

Can anyone tell me if my covers are too inappropriate to put in my signature, please?


Thanks

Angelina
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
AJHamilton said:
I've played it safe so far by using only text links in my signature, but I've noticed that other erotica authors DO have their cover images displayed.

Can anyone tell me if my covers are too inappropriate to put in my signature, please?

Thanks

Angelina
I don't know the rules, but I'm sure someone else can help with that. What I will say is that I appreciate your signature. I'm afraid I do find some of the signatures a bit risque. I just try to avoid those posts that contain too much material that doesn't suite me!

I like that yours tells me what you write so if I'm interested, I can click through. If I'm not, it's not "in my face."

Thanks for that. Even if you do decide to change it.

Maria
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Ronnell.  Yes, everyone has different tastes.  I don't want to offend. 
But now, with Asher saying the admin thought her TEXT links were too racy, I'm worried!  :eek:



Angelina
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ed_marrow said:
I thought it was just me. I saw the word risque, and had to take a peek. Maybe I should use the word in my own marketing. :)
Hehe...maybe we've discovered a new way to drive sales. Or maybe that method has been used for centuries.

"Read this risque masterpiece..."
:p

Angelina
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
StefanBourque said:
My ongoing mentality in this regard is pretty simple: If Amazon is willing to sell it and post the covers on THEIR site ... 8)
Very true, Stefan. But whereas on Amazon, someone would only see my covers if they searched for the titles, on this forum I could post in any area and the pictues would be seen by anyone who just clicked on the thread.

Angelina
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,558 Posts
AJHamilton said:
Thanks, Ronnell. Yes, everyone has different tastes. I don't want to offend.
But now, with Asher saying the admin thought her TEXT links were too racy, I'm worried! :eek:

Angelina
I think her point was that she used text links for those books, rather than images, because the board owner requested she do so. Sometimes an image is fine. Sometimes the book title is innocuous. But sometimes you put them together and it goes a bit too far. ::)

The general criteria is, if Harvey is comfortable with his pre-teen girls seeing them, then it's o.k. If not, well, it's not. He's the owner and has the final say. Definitely PM him for an opinion.

For those of you who are bothered by signatures for whatever reason, you can turn tehm off off via your profile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,565 Posts
You know, you can design a special banner for more general interest areas like this.  You don't have to go with your cover.  (Or you could do a slightly different version of a cover.)  Art does add visual interest.  Even an all text-banner or cover, with, say a plain brown wrapper as background, can enhance your sig.  (And something more subtle might actually get more attention from people used to seeing flashing ads.)

Camille
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
I'm writing Erotica under a pen-name and decided not to put the covers in my sig. Not that I'm embarassed, but I don't want to go to far and offend others. I also realize some people check the boards while at work or at home with their kids. I say go with what you're comfortable with. There's room for everybody's own style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
RonnellDPorter said:
Personally, I don't think so. But there are people who are more easily offended than others on the kindle boards, or some who are just looking for something to get riled up about, so I would ask an admin...
There are also people who read forums from work and don't want their cow-orkers to think they're looking at naughty sites on their lunchbreak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
daringnovelist said:
You know, you can design a special banner for more general interest areas like this. You don't have to go with your cover. (Or you could do a slightly different version of a cover.) Art does add visual interest. Even an all text-banner or cover, with, say a plain brown wrapper as background, can enhance your sig. (And something more subtle might actually get more attention from people used to seeing flashing ads.)
Thanks, Camille! That's a GREAT idea!
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top