Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Victorine said:
Is it just me, or is the sales reporting a bit wonky? My rank improved but no sales for quite some time.

Anyone else?

Vicki
I don't know. My sales for a Friday seem down a fair bit. On the other hand, one of my books just upticked by one, so sales are being reported.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
They seem dead to me too, Vicki, but I will take the difference between what you DID sell the past few days, and what you ARE selling now, and be happy to have that for my TOTAL sale each day.  Deal???

Gordon Ryan

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
modwitch said:
I'd guess they're slow reporting - some are coming through, but no way my sales numbers are where they should be with this sales rank on a Friday.
I agree with you. My rank has been improving steadily for NWSS and yet sales are trickling in. I do think they're slow tonight.

Thanks, guys. Glad it's not just me. :D

Vicki

·
Registered
311 Posts
Funny thing is, for me the trend seems to be reversed. The Path of the Sword has been selling at a decent clip for the last few hours but my rank keeps dropping.

Paul: Like Modwitch, I'm pretty sure the Sunshine Deals are affecting all of us. I can't wait until June 16.

·
Registered
982 Posts
What's the odds that the Sunshine Deals end on the same day that my debut novel is going to be released?

I imagine that they are affecting sales a great deal. The ads they put on every page (for the Sunshine Deals) can't be helping the books outside of the ones on sale, after all.

And let's face it, a lot of people like to buy things on sale. It's only natural that they'll buy the normally expensive e-books while they are on sale.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
I sold 5 confirmed copies in 8 days of release in May.

I've sold nothing, apparently, in 11 days of release in June. :( Despite having a lot more PR going this month... Counter-intuitive.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
modwitch said:
I think they're affecting everyone. There are basically 600 books headed to the top of the ranks, and that's pushing the rest of us down. I'll be happy to see them go!
I'm really looking forward to the end of this sale too... but I'm starting to wonder (and fear) this may be the new norm.. the larger pubs are finally learning how to operate in the Kindle ecosystem.. low prices... ad deals with Amazon, etc.. I can certainly imagine a similar "Month at the beach" sale following on the heels of this one.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
WilliamEsmont said:
I'm really looking forward to the end of this sale too... but I'm starting to wonder (and fear) this may be the new norm.. the larger pubs are finally learning how to operate in the Kindle ecosystem.. low prices... ad deals with Amazon, etc.. I can certainly imagine a similar "Month at the beach" sale following on the heels of this one.
Yes. And apologies to the original poster of this thread. I don't mean to hijack it with this. But it has me a little concerned.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I read on one of the forums that it's not just the Sunshine deals out there, McMillan and Harper Collins reduced some of theirs too.

I've been keeping an eye in the top 100 and it's virtually free of Indies!

My books have plummeted, so back to writing.

I hear on the grapevine that this is the first of many sales going to hit us this year.

oh well, it was nice while it lasted.  ::)

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Mel Comley said:
There's a Beach Reads promotion now.

Maybe we should all put our prices up to $4.99! :D :D
That makes sense to me . . . if not 4.99, then 2.99 and 3.99. If people selling at the lower end of sales all increased their prices, even if gradually, then the expectation of absurdly low prices would end. The pattern of thousands of books sold monthly is still going to work only for 1% of all authors, possibly fewer, statistically, it simply can't work for 200,000 indie authors--and the factors are really complex. So it can't make sense for someone who is selling 50 or 100 books a month.

But yes, to answer the original post--I had a fantastic last week of April and a great start to May and have been at a virtual standstill for most of the rest of May and of June. And I am wondering if it is not just the other books on sale, but something wrong with the reporting.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.