Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just downloaded a couple of sample chapters to Kindle on my iPhone, hoping to also be able to read them on my PC Kindle. However, when I synced my PC app the sample chapters were nowhere to be seen, yet a dictionary I downloaded on the iPhone was. I thought that anything you downloaded to one Kindle device was able to be shared amongst all others. Am I wrong in this assumption?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Samples are not owned so are not in your archives.  You have to download them to each device separately.  They don't sync either.  Also you can't take notes or highlight.  It wouldn't help anyway because when you buy the book, it's a different book from the sample

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just the info I was looking for. This is a great board!

·
Registered
223 Posts
imallbs said:
Samples are not owned so are not in your archives. You have to download them to each device separately. They don't sync either. Also you can't take notes or highlight. It wouldn't help anyway because when you buy the book, it's a different book from the sample
I've highlighted some passages on a few samples on my K1. Of course, they're not "saved" anywhere else. I still have the samples on my Kindle. and the highlights are still there. After looking at the TOC in the books (they were nonfiction books, I decided they weren't worth spending $9.99 for, although I liked a few passages in the sample.

So, you technically _can_ highlight passages in the sample. But I don't think you can read them anywhere except in that sample.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can highlight on a k1 but not a k2 ( and I assume not a k3). When you move cursor in a sample, the definition appears followed by "Annotating is disabled for sample content"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts