Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
At least we seem to be over the "herione sheik". I have always thought a woman with curves was more attractive than the stick figures.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
My DH likes his women with "curves" - he better or he will be another type of DH (right intinst?) (intinst's wife calls him DH -  husband when he misbehaves)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
And depending on the measure of misbehavior, it could escalate to another DH, dead husband.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
intinst said:
And depending on the measure of misbehavior, it could escalate to another DH, dead husband.
nah - not nearly as much fun as "threatening" ::)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
As I said, depends on the level of misbehavior.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Now a real figure looks a lot more appealing and sexier than a starved one in the same way that driving a Hummer seems hilariously out of touch with the mood of the times. In Hollywood, it's already noticeable: the likes of Jennifer Aniston have got a bit more flesh on their bones...
Uh, if Jennifer Aniston is the definition of "a real figure," then no.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Britt said:
Uh, if Jennifer Aniston is the definition of "a real figure," then no.
Seriously. When she turned 40, the hype in the media about how great she looked made me want to hurl. If I could afford a chef and a personal trainer, I'd look better, too!

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts
Now, now girls. . . .lets not get catty.  :D

Ann

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I'm petite, and I have curves......and for the most part I LOVE them.....good thing DH does too!! :D It's time for us to embrace REAL WOMEN.......not starved, over exercised "celebrities"

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have great sympathy for Hollywood actresses. They get into it when they're young and under the impression they're never going to age, and before they turn thirty the age-watch begins, with any line or hint of cellulite reported. Yes, Jennifer Aniston has help, but even she can only seem to muster the dreaded "three word caboose" -- for her age. Basically, an actress at forty is on borrowed time and will be reminded of it continually.

Eventually she can botox, and with that comes snarky bloggers and catty jokes. Or she can age naturally, and with that comes snarky bloggers and catty jokes. I've always said that these ladies should save up for a private island, disappear there, and pay people generously to keep their identities a secret.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
My issue is not with Jennifer Anniston herself but with the crazed media coverage.  Seemed like every tv show I watched on Jennifer's birthday was a huge promotional thing about how great she looked.  Sheesh.  And like there's something wrong with looking 40.

Betsy

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
My issue is not with Jennifer Anniston herself but with the crazed media coverage. Seemed like every tv show I watched on Jennifer's birthday was a huge promotional thing about how great she looked. Sheesh. And like there's something wrong with looking 40.

Betsy
That's the thing. When the Sex And The City movie can out, there was a whole lot of media acting like the women were all geriatric. For all the lip service we pay to it being about how you feel and yada yada, I don't think a large portion of society believes it for a moment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts