Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks, I've started a website for interviewing and reviewing Kindle authors: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bookchatter

If you're a Kindle author, we would like to interview you about your book. We do a Live webcast show on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month, usually with a panel of authors. All you need to participate is a telephone and a quiet room to call from.

Just drop me a not here if you're interested in getting the word out about your book!

Thanks so much! :)

Here is our FaceBook page, started by our excellent co-host RJ Keller.

=======

By the way, my books are available (see signature below)... Want to get moved to the top of the to-be-interviewed list? Buying a copy and writing a review would be appreciated! ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'd be glad to accept your offer. I have four Kindle books out right now (two novels, a collection of short stories, and a book of poetry) My email is [email protected] and my website is www.williamwoodall.org Contact me anytime.

Cry for the Moon- my latest novel

Beneath a Star-Blue Sky- collection of short stories

The Prophet of Rain- my first novel

More Golden Than Day- collection of poetry

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Stacey,

I'm a Kindle author. My hardboiled mystery IDENTITY CRISIS was made available for Kindle reading on June 2 at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BWQ676. It's about a female lawyer who runs afoul of the Mob while investigating related cases of murder and identity theft in order to clear a client of these charges.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks!
Debbi

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just put out my first book, Above the Fray, a novel of the Union Balloon Corps in the Civil War. I just put it up on Kindle yesterday. I'd be very interested to discuss the process. I can set a webcam up on fairly short notice. I can always be reached at 774-276-0116, or at [email protected] You can check out a little about my book at http://krisjacksondesign.com

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent response, folks! :)

I am working on questions this afternoon and have started sending some out to folks. I'll work through as many as I can and will get to everyone eventually!

In the mean time, check out our current interviews with Kindle authors Jon F. Merz, Erik Williams and poet Alice Osborn here http://www.onlinebookreview.org

Here's an excerpt from the Erik Williams interview:

Erik Williams: To me, Kindle and platforms like it are going to soak up large chunks of the publishing market. I don't think it's the future, necessarily. And I don't think it'll put major houses or specialty presses out of business. But it will demonstrate that technology is rapidly changing the market place, possibly in the author's favor. Now if Amazon would just pay a better percentage!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'll get in line too. My email address is wxtest16 @ hotmail.com (no spaces).

I write thrillers. I guess they're listed in the sig.

Thanks for the opportunity!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey,folks, our next interview will be coming out in the morning with author Maureen Miller. I am proofing it tonight and will launch it in the morning!

We also have John Rector, Boyd Morrison, and Robert Burton Robinson coming up in the next few days.

If any of y'all are capable of doing a Skype video call, please let me know. I'm eager to start doing some of these in addition to the text interviews.

Basically, if your laptop has one of those little web-cams built into it, we can set up a free Skype video call. Just let me know!

Thanks so much, everyone. Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Edward C. Patterson said:
Stacey:

Did you send out the interview docs?

Ed Patterson
I haven't sent yours yet, Ed. But will! I sent out about a half dozen today. (It's like 1:30 in the morning, and I really have to sleep at some point... sadly).

Takes me about an hour to research an author, their book, and put together good enough questions to make for a meaningful interview.

I'm going to try to get to everyone! Particularly everyone here on the Kindleboards. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, I think I'm going to spend the afternoon today at my desk, coffee cup in hand, e-mailing everyone on this topic personally. Again thanks so much for the enthusiastic response, everybody!

Our new interview is online at http://www.onlinebookreview.org

Today's is with Kindle author Maureen Miller whose novel Widow's Tale has been on the Romantic Suspense bestseller list in the Kindle store for almost a year. Here's an excerpt:

MAUREEN MILLER: Widow's Tale was a finalist in the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart competition. This was a 'golden' ticket to get it under the nose of publishers. At the time, the editors considered it too long for their lines. Real life, and my day job intervened, and I was unable to get back to editing down the word count for quite some time. Once I did, it was awfully difficult to get my foot in the door again.....

I definitely attribute the success to the support and kinship of fellow Kindle readers and authors. It is still a relatively tight knit community and we do support each other with the loyalty of family. After that, I hope that the success stems from people genuinely enjoying the book.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, everyone should have received an email from me. If you haven't, double check your inbox. If you still see no email from me, drop me a note here.

I can't tell y'all how thankful I am to see that you're interested in talking about your books! :)

On my end, I've started a spreadsheet log to stay on top of this. Categories include: Contacted Author Date, Author Reply Date, Emailed Questions Date, Received Answers Date, and Published Interview Date.

This is hopefully going to enable me to keep track of everything!

Stay tuned!

1 - 20 of 304 Posts