Kindle Forum banner

Outlander Book Klub members, tell us about your Outlander reading experience. Check as many as appl

• This is my first time reading Outlander.

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • I've read Outlander 2-5 times.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I've read Outlander 6-10 times.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I've read Outlander 11 or more times.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I have no idea how many times I've read Outlander and I have a Jamie inflatable doll (or want one).

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • I've read the whole series

Votes: 37 28.2%
  • I've only read Outlander

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • It's been years since I read Outlander/series and I'm rereading now because of the Book Klub

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I think Gertie is DG's screen name.

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • I'm not even reading the series and I want the Jamie doll.

Votes: 4 3.1%
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'd like to know a little bit more about you as an Outlander reader.  There are several different questions within the poll, so choose all that apply to you.  You can return and vote again if your answers change  ::) by clicking on the "Remove Vote" which appears after you've voted on the poll.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I didn't think I had read it before, but it seems very familiar to me. Luckily, I can't remember exactly what happens (until right before I read it) so I'm really enjoying it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is my first time reading (somebody STOP me!) and I'll take an inflatable Jamie doll, please.  Preferably one with batteries  ;) ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
This is my first time reading it. After the first two weeks of questions from the book club, last night I decided to start it again from the beginning. And ya know what? Frank isn't annoying me as much as he did first time around! Except when he hinted around that Claire might have had a liaison when he saw that man looking up at her while she was brushing her hair. That still annoyed me second time around. And I still wanted to smack him upside the head for it!

And actually, second time around (I'm only on chapter 3 now), Claire is annoying me! Her "Oh, this is so boring" attitude when Frank is doing his genealogical research is annoying & I think rude. Now that I think of it, I'd be very interested if my Tim found out anything about an ancestor from 200 years ago.  

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Is there a petition we can sign to get an inflatable Jamie?  If there's not, I'll be glad to start one.

~robin

·
Registered
677 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Is there a petition we can sign to get an inflatable Jamie? If there's not, I'll be glad to start one.

~robin
I'll sign your petition ::)

Make sure the doll has a pull string to talk with that wonderful Scottish accent. Sean Connery's voice will do fine.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I read Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber and most of Voyager in early 2001. This is my first time rereading it although I still have the DTBs, so I must have planned on reading it again sometime.

·
Registered
168 Posts
After I ran through Outlander (I couldn't wait and read on) I bought the rest of the series that's available and am currently well into Voyager. Got 'em before the prices went up too!  ;D

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
tlshaw said:
I'll sign your petition ::)

Make sure the doll has a pull string to talk with that wonderful Scottish accent. Sean Connery's voice will do fine.
I like Mel Gibson in Braveheart, loved the Scottish accent and kilt but he is a little on the short side. I do love those bluish green eyes though!

Linda

·
Registered
677 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I like Mel Gibson in Braveheart, loved the Scottish accent and kilt but he is a little on the short side. I do love those bluish green eyes though!

Linda
Well, we can make the doll look like Mel Gibson, but make him taller. Is that possible Robin?

·
Registered
455 Posts
gertiekindle said:
We're up to 16 first timers. Yowza!! This series is addicting, isn't it.
Just a little, Gertie. ;)

I'll take a Jamie doll, too. (Don't tell Mike!) ;) And yeah, a Scottish brogue is definitely a requirement! :D

1 - 20 of 122 Posts