Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check the free books every day or two and download some of them.

I also download those that cost money if I find something that I can't live without.

I find downloading books to be pleasurable and find it is lots of fun.

Wow! Maybe I am just addicted to downloading books since I have to do it so often?

So are you addicted to downloading books?

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
I'm addicted to books. I don't see it as any different than the days when I couldn't go by a bookstore without buying something. I don't get any particular thrill out of the downloading part, it's the buying and owning and reading. ;D

We've got a lot of book addicts here.

Betsy

·
Registered
894 Posts
It was bad enough when I got my Kindle and was just buying trad published books. The prices at least kept me somewhat in check.

Now that I've discovered all the cheap indies though, I buy waaaay too much books. I guess I'll never run out of anything to read.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Oh Yeah !! Pick me ! Pick Me !

I seriously try (operative word, being "try"...) not to purchase new books until I read what is in front of me....really hard as I check "The Book Corner" a couple times a day and go running off to check the recommendations.....and I love browsing through the "virtual store". Much more fun than browsing through "Brick & Mortar' stores.....you do not have to stand, no kids and my coffee is better ! Ha !

·
Registered
605 Posts
I am a biblioholic so I definitely check the free books. I also sniff out good public domain titles. I budget myself on purchases and try to make the most of saving my change and getting Coin Star gift cards. Otherwise the impulse buying would be a dangerous temptation.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Emily Kimelman said:
I'm addicted to downloading the samples of books. I buy tons of books but I probably get samples of three times as many as I buy.
I'm with you there! I've got so many "may-be-interesting" samples in my samples collection, I'll prolly be in the grave before I get around to buying them :)

As to the original question, I only download books that I'll actually try reading.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mel Comley said:
I'm addicted to my kindle and that blasted one-click button. Why on earth did they come up with that darn idea? ;D ;D
I know!! I have the same problem!

I download a ton of samples, but probably only buy 1/10 of those books. But...the good news with that is that I rarely get a dud, and I'm VERY willing to give a new author a try. I used to really only read popular authors, but thanks to the Amazon free samples, I have discovered some real gems I might have overlooked before.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I'm addicted to books. I don't see it as any different than the days when I couldn't go by a bookstore without buying something. I don't get any particular thrill out of the downloading part, it's the buying and owning and reading. ;D

Betsy
THIS. You know you've got it bad when you're having a crappy day and instead of going shoe shopping, you head over to the library. :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:

Betsy
Same here! I don't think I have ever left a bookstore without buying something, even with owning a Kindle I can't go into a bookstore and not buy something and I much prefer reading on my Kindle.
I just love books and everything about reading them.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The answer is YES.  I have a problem.  I have at least 150 books that I am yet to read.  And if you think that's going to stop me from buying more - you are woefully mistaken.  :eek:

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think I have more books downloaded and physical books on my shelf than I can read. But yet, I still find myself downloading more freebies, buying more Kindle and physical books. I mean what if I forget that I wanted to read that book and now it's not in my house or on m Kindle. The horror.  :eek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts