Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an e-mail from Amazon this morning that asked me if I would like to update the bible that I purchased.

The Holy Bible English Standard Version (ESV) obviously had some typos so it has been corrected.

So I responded by with "yes" and they are suppose to send an updated copy to my kindle.

Are you going to update your bible?

·
Registered
876 Posts
No need, the Holy Spirit tells me what to read. There are far too many copies for any of them to be accurate! :)

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I keep 3 or 4 translations around on my bookshelves along with 2 translations of the Koran - I sometimes find it useful to see the different ways the same thing has been translated.

As for the updates from Amazon, I've received a mail like that a couple times and I greatly appreciate it when an author or publisher updates an existing edition instead of putting it out as a 'new' book ....

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
The main thing to be aware of -- and they remind you when they send the email -- is that any notes or marks you've made will be lost if you get the new one.  So that's something to consider when deciding whether or not to say "yes". :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Whenever I hear about revised editions of the bible I always have to pull on my brown coat and have a chuckle:

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
tim290280 said:
Whenever I hear about revised editions of the bible I always have to pull on my brown coat and have a chuckle:
It pleases me to know end to know I'm not the only person who immediately thought this....

·
Registered
604 Posts
All my Bibles so far are the dead tree kind.  I've got a King James that I gave my father back in the sixties with a good concordance in the back, a Revised Standard Version second edition, and a few miscellaneous others.  I don't have the one Thomas Jefferson did where he cut out all the parts he didn't like.  I'm not sure if I'm going to get a Bible for my kindle or not, but if I did and they came out with one fixing typos I'd probably go for it.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I have 4 different bible versions on my Kindle, and yes, I updated when I got that email. I update anything that says update available.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Krista D. Ball said:
It pleases me to know end to know I'm not the only person who immediately thought this....
Browncoats: Saving the verse!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts