Kindle Forum banner

How familiar are you with the Sookie Universe?

• This is my first time to read any of the Southern Vampire mysteries

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • I have read Dead Until Dark, but have not read others in the Series

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • I have read some of the other Southern Vampire series books

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have read all of the Southern Vampire series books

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • I have watched True Blood on HBO

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • I have spent so much time with the Southern Vampire series, in some states Eric and I are legally ma

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • I am so into vampire lit, I seriously considered buying the Vampire Bunny.

Votes: 5 5.5%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How familiar are you with the Sookie Universe?

Do you long to move to Shreveport? Have you considered chucking your life and opening a bar in a small Northern Louisiana town?

Or are you completely unfamiliar with the Southern Vampire mysteries, and wish we'd stop asking questions and get to the point?

Let us know! We promise not to tell anyone. Shhhhhh.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I've read all the Anita Blake, Rachel Morgan and Mercy Thompson books as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I've read almost all of the Southern Vampire books (From Dead to Worse is bought and on my Kindle but I haven't read it yet).  I tend to forget details (one of the reasons I love keeping the books on Kindle) so I'd say I'm halfway familiar.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've read a lot of other vampire lit, but not this series. To tell you the truth, the titles were a big turn-off for me. To cliche-y. But seeing how much they are loved, I'm sure I'll get into them just like everyone else.

Time to start reading! :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am reading the second book right now, Living Dead in Dallas; though its not on my kindle b/c I bought the first 3 of the series before knowing I would be getting the kindle. I love the books so far, especially b/c I am from Louisiana!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I bought the first one for Bibi, before Amazon even sent her, and read it immediately.  Then I got the second one, but noticed there was gonna be a book klub for the first one and didn't want to get too far ahead!  ;D

·
Registered
657 Posts
patchymama said:
I've read all of them, and watched True Blood. I am a vampire groupie tho ;)
Ah the correct term is a fangbanger :D

I am a huge fan of this series! Oh and robin... eric is MINE ;) but you can have Bill :p

I live in shreveport and I strongly suggest NO ONE moves here. Its not the biggest town which makes it funny when hollywood invades the area. You end up tripping over stars. Sadly I've yet to find those pesky vamps or sexy weres..

Next month filming of season 2 starts in town. I am all out going to be stalking the set 8)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have read and listened to the whole series, and then got a friend hooked (yes, she is in book klub too), and she liked it so much she had her husband subscribe to HBO just so she could tape them and we can watch together!!!  Eric definitely is luscious!

G

·
I finished Dead Until Dark a little over a week ago. I am going to have to reread it to not spoil during book club. Got Book 2 lined up on the Kindle now.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
This is the first time that I've read the Sookie stories. I've heard of them before and people even recommended them, but I hadn't read them. I am about 3/4 of the way thru the first one. Although I have enjoyed it for the most part, I can't say I'm entirely 'hooked' yet. But a lot of the times how a book ends determines whether you love it and feel the need to continue reading the others, so we'll see when I get there.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
I just got a notification that Dead as a Doornail (Book 5) has dropped 80 cents in price from $7.19 to $6.39. If $7 is your threshold for books, so you didn't get it, now's your chance!

Betsy

G

·
I am a big fan of the books and the HBO series. I was more than just a bit happy when i found out season 2 will loosely follow book 2, Dead in Dallas

My AV is based on
and has caused almost everyone to think I'm a girlie girl. It was also indirectly responsible for the new gender icons under our names. :)

I wont officially be a part of the book klub, but I'll be lurking just the same. It's been almost 2 years since I read the first book and I don't have it anymore. I'm too cheap to re-buy them. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm excited to get in on the Book Klub for the next book in the series.  I've read this one, and own a copy, but it's currently being borrowed by a friend.  I've not read any of the other books in the series and I'm seeing if I can hold off!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I just started the first one and finished it in 1 day.  So I thought that I would get the second and read it slowly so I could participate in the book Klub.  I couldn't do that so i will be buying and reading the third this week.

I have read Laura Hamilton and the Dead and Unreturnable series as well as the Twilight series.  I am interested in how they are different and similar.  I never would have thought of myself as a lover of this genre until I started listing the vampire books that I have read.... and liked.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts