Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, what was the first one you ever bought?

C'mon, no pretending you don't remember just because it's embarrassing now. 'fess up.

Can't be any worse than mine.... first one I bought was Indian Reservation.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I am definitely old enough to have bought 45's.  I do not remember the first one I bought.  But I do remember the first ones I loved were my dad and uncles.  They made several records years ago on the King label. 
What a fun thread this is going to be.
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Jeff said:
I think the first 45 I ever bought was Rock Around the Clock but it might have been a 78.
Well - I'll admit my age ;D my first was Rock Around the Clock by Bill Haley and the Comets - a 45!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Let's see, Warren Zevon.

A side - Werewolves of London
B side - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner.

45's were on the way out by the time I started getting into them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Oh yes.  I don't remember the first but I had stacks of them.  I remember the little disc that clipped into the middle if you were using  a single record player and the big spindle that went on the stereo with the record changing feature.  We used to carry them to each others houses with our thumbs in the large middle hole and fingers holding them tight.  We did not want to touch the record groves for fear of scratching or getting fingerprints on them.  Elvis, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, The Rollingstones......and "The Beat Goes On"....... ::)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
NO, NO, NO.  :mad:

Okay, yes.  I think it was Little Darlin' by the Diamonds. 

My first 78 was Nature Boy.  Don't remember the artist. 

Just three years ago, I threw them all out and I had about 500 of them.  Then my father bought me a record player two years ago.  I could be enjoying them right now.  I still have my LP's and it's fun to listen to them.  I've only had to throw out a couple for skipping.  The rest are in pretty good shape, considering. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Light My Fire by the Doors with Hello, I Love You on the B side

Sunshine of Your Love by Cream with ....? on the B side. I want to say White Room but I am not 100% certain.

I had tons of 45s and tons of albums and donated them all to the college radio station a few years ago. That was a sad day... :(

The first albums I ever received, which I got before 45s (they were given to me as gifts) were Meet the Beatles! and Herman's Hermits first album, eponymously named, Herman's Hermits. It included the big smash hit, Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter.

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Vegas_Asian (Experiment#305) said:
I just recently learned what 45's are... ::)
LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Leslie said:
Light My Fire by the Doors with Hello, I Love You on the B side

Sunshine of Your Love by Cream with ....? on the B side. I want to say White Room but I am not 100% certain.

I had tons of 45s and tons of albums and donated them all to the college radio station a few years ago. That was a sad day... :(

The first albums I ever received, which I got before 45s (they were given to me as gifts) were Meet the Beatles! and Herman's Hermits first album, eponymously named, Herman's Hermits. It included the big smash hit, Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter.

L
I still have those albums and copied them to my IPODs. My first 45 was either Traveling Man by Ricky Nelson or Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini by ??

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
I'm not sure what the first one was, but I still have quite a stack - all nicely held in their hot pink plastic spindle case with the white carrying handle!  We thought we were really something carrying them back and forth to friends while wearing our white vinyl go-go boots!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I still have all of my mom's 45's.  Some really really old ones there.  I want to get a turntable that is USB compatible so I can download them to my Ipod.
deb

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Forster said:
Let's see, Warren Zevon.

A side - Werewolves of London
B side - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner.
Werewolves is one of my favorites. A B side by Zevon? I thought he hadn't recorded anything else, or was it that forgettable?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I remember them well. I don't remember the song, but it was by the Everly Brothers. I had all of the Beach Boys and Beatles 45's. And of course Itsy Bitsy Tenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini by Brian Hyland. :)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mollyb52 said:
I remember the little disc that clipped into the middle
"Remembering"... hmmm... I still HAVE those things! ::)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Just three years ago, I threw them all out
You did WHAT?? Just think of all the books you could have bought for what those would have fetched on EBay!

1 - 20 of 257 Posts