Kindle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Hmmm - my first 45? Probably one of these - I'm not sure, but these got played a lot when I was young and were probably among my first ones.


  • "Rhinestone Cowboy" by Glen Campbell
    "Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks
    "Kung Fu Fighting"
    "Theme from S.W.A.T."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,967 Posts
Jeff said:
OOOOOOhhhhhhh-Nooooooooooooooo! That'll be stuck in my head for days.
Back to my surfer girl days. Had to have that one and everything Beach Boys. I lived in Pasadena, TX and Little Old Lady from Pasadena was a favorite. The problem now is it is true statement. LOL :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Werewolves is one of my favorites. A B side by Zevon? I thought he hadn't recorded anything else, or was it that forgettable?
Oh no Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner is great too. I believe this was his last live performance.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,481 Posts
Okay, I had to pull out the spindle of 45s and see what was on top - Tommy James and The Shondells, "Crimson and Clover" 8)!  The next one down is a Kapp label record of......Brian Hyland, Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini :D!  The flip side is Don't Dilly Dally, Sally (don't think I have EVER listened to it and wouldn't have been able to tell you the song for a million dollars).  Bringing back the memories here folks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
NO, NO, NO. :mad:

Okay, yes. I think it was Little Darlin' by the Diamonds.

My first 78 was Nature Boy. Don't remember the artist.

Just three years ago, I threw them all out and I had about 500 of them. Then my father bought me a record player two years ago. I could be enjoying them right now. I still have my LP's and it's fun to listen to them. I've only had to throw out a couple for skipping. The rest are in pretty good shape, considering.
GERTIE HOW COULD YOU? Yes, I'm screaming. You could have made a ton of money selling them. There is still a huge market for them. I for one have two juke boxes that I am constantly buying 45's for. I would have loved to have dug through your boxes to see what hidden treasures were buried in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
We have a restaurant here, with the bestest hamburgers, french fries, malts, milk shakes - and old timey music - the name of the restaurant is 60's in Paradise, and it is all 50 and 60 music. You have to remember most of the people here are geezers and relate to that era. Some even earlier eras, but the majority rules at the restaurant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
dollcrazy said:
GERTIE HOW COULD YOU? Yes, I'm screaming. You could have made a ton of money selling them. There is still a huge market for them. I for one have two juke boxes that I am constantly buying 45's for. I would have loved to have dug through your boxes to see what hidden treasures were buried in there.
I know, I know. I was getting nagged from every side, and I didn't have anything to play them on at the time. I started collecting in the late 50's. I had everything from Johnny Ray to Elvis. All my wonderful Johnny Mathis, Everly Brothers, The Fleetwoods (not Fleetwood Mac, that I have on an LP).

At least I have my LP's. I'm afraid to count how many.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
I don't remember the first 45 I bought but I do remember the music store I bought my records from.  They had a policy where after you bought 12 records you got your 13th one free. I remember how much fun it was to get free music. I also took guitar and piano lessons at the music  store.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Don't feel so bad Gertie - we ended up giving away our records, 45s, 78s and even some 33-1/3 to Half Price Books because they didn't want to pay us for them 10 years ago.  e-bay was almost non-existent then and I felt like I had thrown away all that music.  But we had to downsize to move here and records, and even books, were not cost effective.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
We have a restaurant here, with the bestest hamburgers, french fries, malts, milk shakes - and old timey music - the name of the restaurant is 60's in Paradise, and it is all 50 and 60 music. You have to remember most of the people here are geezers and relate to that era. Some even earlier eras, but the majority rules at the restaurant.
Wait a minute, Dona. I don't think I've quite reached the "geezer" stage, yet. Or maybe I have and I just didn't notice. ;)

Sounds like a great restaurant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Tough to answer...I'm 28. So I'm probably "too young," except I have bought 45s. My first was Michael Jackson's Beat It. I can't remember what the B-side was.

My first cassette was MC Hammer, Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'em.

My first CD was Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever.

My first purchased MP3 was the Silver Jews' Tanglewood Numbers. (First downloaded MP3 was long before that, but I can't remember what it was.)

I like to think that shows a progression toward better musical taste.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
GeorgeGlass said:
Tough to answer...I'm 28. So I'm probably "too young," except I have bought 45s. My first was Michael Jackson's Beat It. I can't remember what the B-side was.

My first cassette was MC Hammer, Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'em.

My first CD was Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever.

My first purchased MP3 was the Silver Jews' Tanglewood Numbers. (First downloaded MP3 was long before that, but I can't remember what it was.)

I like to think that shows a progression toward better musical taste.
Wait a minute. "Beat It" is a classic. The music vid choreographed and danced by Michael Peters is outstanding.
 
21 - 40 of 257 Posts
Top