Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the bottom of your book page, under the reviews and highlights, there is a button for the Forums.  The text will say "Start a discussion about this product with the community."  Although authors shouldn't be talking about their books in those forums, I have seen readers use that button to start a discussion in order to ask the author a direct question. 

I've also noticed that many times the reader's question goes unanswered as I don't think writers know to check this area.  You may want to check your book page to see if anyone has asked you a direct question about your book.  I only know this because this happened on my children's book.  It is nice when readers ask questions like that.  :)

This week alone I've run into two instances where a question to the author was posted months ago and is still not answered.  One of the books that people are discussing here today because it has been featured by Amazon, has a question to the writer about when the next book will be coming out.  It hasn't been answered.

:)

·
Registered
13,316 Posts
I have used this as you say above.

People have asked me direct questions, and I have answered. Mostly, those questions are "when is the next book coming out?" or something like that. I like answering that in the forum area, because other people can see it without having to re-ask the question.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Alas, no one on Amazon is discussing any of my books, so there's been nothing to miss. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts