Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a show here in American called "are you smarter than a 5th grader?" and it tests you on questions you would have learned in 5th grade (around 10 or 11yrs old). Sometimes the answers are really funny b/c the people are being asked questions they knew, but haven't used in years. This is one such video:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
OMG! How did she get up to $10,000???

She'd be great on Jay Leno's jaywalking.

·
Registered
874 Posts
4Katie said:
OMG! How did she get up to $10,000??????

She'd be great on Jay Leno's jaywalking.
I agree! I was embarrassed for her and was shaking my head when she thought Europe was a country. Wonder what she was doing during her education? How did she make it this far in life not knowing basics?

Tris

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I agree. I'm smarter than some people (like the woman in that clip!), but those 5th graders are SMART.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would have missed this question, so I do feel some empathy for her. The whole time I was thinking
Turkey
(even though I knew it was wrong), but I was closer than
France

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
It is hard to remember stuff from so long ago. But then again, most 5th graders wouldn't pass this test either.

I enjoy watching these shows for when the answers to the questions are actually incorrect or are definitive when the answer is far more complex. E.g. Q: Wow do trees get water to the leaves? The answer is not surface tension. Q: What is a female sheep called? This is a ewe, but they gave the answer as a whether.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
tim290280 said:
... I enjoy watching these shows for when the answers to the questions are actually incorrect or are definitive when the answer is far more complex. E.g. Q: Wow do trees get water to the leaves? The answer is not surface tension. Q: What is a female sheep called? This is a ewe, but they gave the answer as a whether.
Our wether would be outraged! He takes it upon himself to protect the ewes from such dangerous beasts as the small, fluffy dog that sometimes comes over from next door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts