Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I don't normally think about starting threads related to TV.
But I think that the Arthurian Legend is something that is well written about.
Most of us have read some version of the Legend or another.

This is a British import.  First two episodes yesterday.
Two more next Sunday and then 1 per week.

Did you watch it?
What did you think about it?

How about the concept that Merlin and Arthur are the same age?
And how many of you recognized Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Uther Pendragon, Arthur's father?

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
I Tivo'ed it. . .liked it. . .except I missed the first 10 minutes of the first episode because of the golf, and then the last 10 minutes of the second.  Fortunately I was able to find it on line so I could watch it.

It's an interesting twist on the legend. . . .I'll be interested in seeing where it goes. . . . .

·
Registered
409 Posts
It is taking a lot of liberty with the tried and true legend, but once I realized that and got past it I enjoyed the show. I'll keep recording it.

And yes, as a huge Buffy/Angel fan I recognized Giles, actually the actor was what got me to record the show in the first place.  :)

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
As a dissenting voice: no, I did not watch it. I simply did not feel any urge to see yet another adaptation/interpretation of the legend. For my tastes that's been done enough, and I'd prefer to spend my time watching something new. I'd even be interested in watching something about the actual history that was the seed of the Arthurian legends.

All that being said, if I'd happened to flip to that channel while it was on and it turned out it was really well done, who knows? I might well have been captivated and have gotten hooked into watching it. It's happened more than once with something I thought I'd have no interest in (including books). :)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I dont get this channel

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I TiVo'd it,and haven't watched it yet :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
my DVR threw a hissy fit and didn't work that night  - I mean it literally wouldn't save ANYTHING - then the next day it was fine -- good thing my hair is white already or it would have turned out of frustration - will look online to see if I can find it ...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I missed it too :(.

Thanks Ann for the link, I'll check it out. Usually those are my type of shows.

TheresaM

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey I think far more people "missed" it than actually saw it.
I guess we will have to wait a while to get into any spoiler-type discussion of the actual shows.
Assuming anyone actually wants to.
I don't dissect things very good.

Just sayin....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Harm and I watched it. (And also had the golf interruptions...)

First thought - does NBC own the right to the legend? They seem to be the only network to re-create the story. (I'm thinking of the mini-series from the 90s.) LOL

My next thought was that they had already screwed with the story. Uther was dead before Camelot was built!

Overall, I didn't think it was a bad show even if I was reading my Kindle while watching it. We'll probably keep recording it.

One quick question/thought - It seems to be done by the same production house that makes Doctor Who/Torchwood. We thought that before we saw the witch in the first episode. The witch looks like the same actress from Torchwood, we missed the opening credits and I didn't see her credited on IMDB...anyone know?

·
Registered
417 Posts
We watched it. We'll have to catch the parts we missed due to golf online though. It was ok for me. It was interesting enough but I thought there were some cheesy parts.

·
Registered
409 Posts
mom133d said:
One quick question/thought - It seems to be done by the same production house that makes Doctor Who/Torchwood. We thought that before we saw the witch in the first episode. The witch looks like the same actress from Torchwood, we missed the opening credits and I didn't see her credited on IMDB...anyone know?
It's a BBC show so highly likely

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
thanks for the link ann

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Its a decent show, but I can't say that I have it circled on my calendar.  It might be a better DVD few seasons at a time show for m e.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts