Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, to make a long story short, yesterday I discovered my Kindle 2 (6 wks. old) has a severe sun fading problem.  This did not show up until yesterday.  Called CS right away and they overnighted a new one to me after walking me through some tests.  It should be here any minute now.  But, I stripped my DecalGirl Starry Night skin off of Rae Rae and she is lying here shivering.  ;)

I put the skin back on it's original sheet.  I think it stretched a little but I was able to get it off without tearing it.  It was not easy.

Wish me luck.  I hope I get a good one this time around.  I know of some people here on the boards who have had several replacements before they got one without the sun fading problem.

I won't be putting a skin on the new one for at least 6 wks.  By then I should know if it is going to have problems and I can dress up my Kindle again!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I think DecalGirl would probably sell more if she offered buy one, get the second one for half price...

Then, people would probably just discard the old ones and put on a new one more often!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
DD - I've heard that baby receiving blankets keep little Kindles warm :)
I hope your new one is a keeper. I'll have to get out in the sun one of these days and see if mine fades.

Jaasy said:
I think DecalGirl would probably sell more if she offered buy one, get the second one for half price...

Then, people would probably just discard the old ones and put on a new one more often!
That is a great idea. It would certainly work on me (maybe it's good that they don't do it)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
DD said:
Well, to make a long story short, yesterday I discovered my Kindle 2 (6 wks. old) has a severe sun fading problem. This did not show up until yesterday. Called CS right away and they overnighted a new one to me after walking me through some tests. It should be here any minute now. But, I stripped my DecalGirl Starry Night skin off of Rae Rae and she is lying here shivering. ;)

I put the skin back on it's original sheet. I think it stretched a little but I was able to get it off without tearing it. It was not easy.

Wish me luck. I hope I get a good one this time around. I know of some people here on the boards who have had several replacements before they got one without the sun fading problem.

I won't be putting a skin on the new one for at least 6 wks. By then I should know if it is going to have problems and I can dress up my Kindle again!
That would be Trekker. Hopefully this replacement will be your only replacement. For now wrap that baby up in a blankie :p

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kim said:
DD - I've heard that baby receiving blankets keep little Kindles warm :)
I hope your new one is a keeper. I'll have to get out in the sun one of these days and see if mine fades.

That is a great idea. It would certainly work on me (maybe it's good that they don't do it)
Ha ha! It didn't arrive til 5 o'clock today, so I'll have to test it tomorrow. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chynared21 said:
That would be Trekker. Hopefully this replacement will be your only replacement. For now wrap that baby up in a blankie :p
Yes. It was Trekker. The new baby will spend the night on my night stand in a small Vera Bradley cosmetic bag that fits the K1 without a cover. Could that qualify as a Kindle receiving blanket? ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
i'm kind or scared to bring this up but people have been giving their kindles girl, boy or gender neutral names but so far nobody has mentioned how they can tell if their kindle is a male or female or for that matter gender neutral.  i've seen my share of nude kindles and to me they all seem to have the same junk.
???

anyway i hope things turn out for the best. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
kindle zen said:
i'm kind or scared to bring this up but people have been giving their kindles girl, boy or gender neutral names but so far nobody has mentioned how they can tell if their kindle is a male or female or for that matter gender neutral. i've seen my share of nude kindles and to me they all seem to have the same junk.
???

Couldn't have said it better :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kindle zen said:
i'm kind or scared to bring this up but people have been giving their kindles girl, boy or gender neutral names but so far nobody has mentioned how they can tell if their kindle is a male or female or for that matter gender neutral. i've seen my share of nude kindles and to me they all seem to have the same junk.
???

Good question!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
kindle zen said:
???
Your Kindle will tell you. If you do not know the gender of your Kindle then either you need to look under the kovers or just ask it and it will tell you. But you might have to get in touch with your inner Kindle before you can relate to your Kindle in a way to understand it. Remember, your Kindle isn't just any old electronic device.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kindle zen said:
but my kindle speaks in a male AND female voice :eek:

i'm naming my kindle Pat ;D
Ha! Good one!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts