Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 604 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who haven't followed Jeff's "I've Got A Secret" thread, your old pal, Gertie has just launched her very own historical romance. Amazon hasn't got the product description up, yet.

Here is the description and the link.

Ariana's Pride is an historical romance set during the Wars of the Roses. The story commences shortly after the Battle of Barnet where Warwick The Kingmaker was killed and Edward IV has just taken his throne back from the mad king, Henry VI. This one decisive battle affected the lives and attitudes of Ariana and Jeremy.

Ariana Devoe is the willful and arrogant daughter of Earl William. What happens when she finds that she has lost her home and family? Will she lose her heart, too, as she struggles to reach the elderly Baron to whom her father has promised her? Or will she throw away her chance to avenge her father's death and regain her titles and estates to be with the dashing Jeremy?

Jeremy Gowen has lived most of his life in the Earl's stables, but does not intend to end his days there. Aided by the stablemaster, once a soldier in the King's service, Jeremy secretly learns horsemanship and sword fighting.

After the attack on her father's castle, Jeremy finds Lady Ariana, lost and alone. He promises to take her to the Baron, but as their journey progresses, he is no longer willing to turn the woman he loves over to another man. Jeremy holds the secret which could make Ariana his, but he wants her to love him for his own sake.




Thanks again to everyone who bought Ariana's Pride.

Feel free to ask me anything or make any comments here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Gertie, I've started reading it.  I'm also listening to Outlander on my iPod while I work out.  I may get confused!

I don't know how you kept it a secret so long!!!!  Congratulations!

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Gertie, I've started reading it. I'm also listening to Outlander on my iPod while I work out. I may get confused!

I don't know how you kept it a secret so long!!!! Congratulations!

Betsy
Thanks, Betsy. Everyone has been so supportive. You don't know how many times I gnawed on my knuckles to keep from spilling the beans.

I think I deserve a new hat, don't you?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just corrected the Jamie/Jeremy error  :-[ and posted AP on mobipocket for those poor, deprived people who don't own Kindles. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
And when is this going to be available in DTB?  I've read enough so far to know that my mom would love this book.

Spiffy new hat, by the way!  :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Susan in VA said:
And when is this going to be available in DTB? I've read enough so far to know that my mom would love this book.
I'm glad you're enjoying it and are ready to recommend it.

I'm working on the DTB as we speak. I don't know how long it takes, but I'm figuring 2-3 weeks.

Jeff can answer that better than I can. JEFF ... OH, JEFF.

Spiffy new hat, by the way! :D
Thanks. I do love my hats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,128 Posts
I also have started reading it and I am enjoying it. I am going to bed soon so I can read some more of the book.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Thanks, Betsy. Everyone has been so supportive. You don't know how many times I gnawed on my knuckles to keep from spilling the beans.

I think I deserve a new hat, don't you?

I may need to borrow that one...

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,762 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
I'm working on the DTB as we speak. I don't know how long it takes, but I'm figuring 2-3 weeks.

Jeff can answer that better than I can. JEFF ... OH, JEFF.
If you pay the overnight freight rate for a proof you'll have it in a few days. After you approve the proof (it takes ten seconds on line) you can order copies from CreateSpace immediately. Amazon will take some time to get the listing up.

Note: When you place an order with CreateSpace they hedge and give themselves a lot of time in the shipping estimate but they almost always ship the day after you place your order.

Whatever you do, don't choose standard shipping. I placed one order using standard shipping that never arrived.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Gertie; I am about half-way through your book and am loving it. I can't believe you kept this such a secret from us. I sometimes would like to slap Ariana, but am falling for Jeremy. Although, he also has his moments. Thanks for such a great book.  :)

Teresa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
Jeff said:
If you pay the overnight freight rate for a proof you'll have it in a few days.
Thanks, Jeff, I'll do that today!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Gertie, again, CONGRATULATIONS. 
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
Jeff said:
Sorry, Susan. I wasn't very clear; I was answering Gertie. She has to order a proof and approve it before any of us can buy a copy. I should add that if she has to make any adjustments the process starts over again with ordering a new proof and so on.
Oh, duh. Of course. I wondered vaguely what on earth you meant by "approving" something but it was pre-morning-tea, so the thought stopped there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anne said:
I also have started reading it and I am enjoying it. I am going to bed soon so I can read some more of the book.
Hope it doesn't keep you awake!! :D

tlshaw *Padded Cell 511* said:
Gertie; I am about half-way through your book and am loving it. I can't believe you kept this such a secret from us. I sometimes would like to slap Ariana, but am falling for Jeremy. Although, he also has his moments. Thanks for such a great book. :)

Teresa
Falling for Jeremy? Then I think I did good. ;) And yes, go ahead and slap Ariana. Sometimes she needs it. :D

Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Another Ariana's Pride fan here, sampled it yesterday and love it. Have to finish the 2 I am reading and start it. :) Congrats Gertie!!
Thanks. I know you'll get to Ariana soon. She doesn't have a lot of patience, but she'll wait. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
WAHOO, GERTIE!!! I was so excited to find out about your well-kept secret yesterday afternoon. I bought your book immediately and can't wait to get started!! I'm almost done with reading this week's Outlander chapters and then I'm starting Ariana's Pride. You're such a busy person.... but I'm hoping we'll be able to have a book klub in the future!!

KONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the new hat!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PraiseGod13 said:
WAHOO, GERTIE!!! I was so excited to find out about your well-kept secret yesterday afternoon. I bought your book immediately and can't wait to get started!! I'm almost done with reading this week's Outlander chapters and then I'm starting Ariana's Pride. You're such a busy person.... but I'm hoping we'll be able to have a book klub in the future!!

KONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the new hat!!
Thank you. I love the hat, too. I haven't taken it off since yesterday, and I fell asleep wearing it last night. ;)

Happy reading, everyone.
 
1 - 20 of 604 Posts
Top