Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that a lot of formerly busy forum communities have migrated to discord.

As an author looking to reach out to other others or benefit from community crowd knowledge, do you prefer forums or a live chat/live voice community c/o discord?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I prefer forums. It's much easier to follow threads of conversations, even if the topic itself is jumping with activity. It's much easier to read back over previous comments to catch up.

Not so in discord. In discord, I lose the conversations quickly as they appear more in real time. It's very immediate. And I don't have the time to keep discord up all day just to keep up with the conversations.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
I prefer old-fashioned forums. I hate Facebook, though many communities are there. Anything like chat rooms is a waste of time for me, I just don't like how they work and I can't keep up (especially with the crappy internet we have out in the boonies, I lose things at times and never get it back).

·
Registered
783 Posts
jb1111 said:
One can always avoid the discord. Just don't participate if and when it gets that bad.
Luvin' on a sense of humor when I see it. I really can't stand chat because I don't have my foot on the accelerator to keep up with the snappy and continuous chat line. Not only that, I don't even know who I'm talking to half the time, or who to remember said what, why and where and to whom. (Now I've just confused myself).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts