Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having conversations on Twitter with the people behind As You Read, a proposed service in which readers can pay in increments for books. Buy the first part, if you like it buy the second part and so on. Risk-free way to try out a book and still give the author some money. It's 70% royalty share.

I know nothing about these folks except it's an interesting concept and they're running an Indiegogo (they're UK based) to get it off the ground. In the conversation we've had, they say they're really interested in the indie community and aiding discoverability.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For my big novels it works out to 50 cents a part, assuming ten parts, for the smaller novels 40 cents. So that works out to 35 cents revenue for me per part on the big ones and 28 cents on the small ones. No returns, so if someone buys and decides they don't like it after the first few pages they're only out 50 cents and I've got 35 cents I wouldn't have before. It'd work well for short-episode serials like I used to do. You could do a real penny dreadful. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts