1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start:

1. Italy
2. A summer place
3. To have my kids serve me (for a change) at their dinnertable(s) after they are both successful and happy (darn, ok; swap #1 & #3)
4. For hubby and I sit at the beach in the same spot as when we were 16 and reminicse at age 80 (and still like eachother...lol.)
5. Die after a happy retirement, in my sleep (Kindle in hand, a smile on my face) of natural causes; knowing that the economy is booming
there is world peace.

G

·
1. Take LR to NYC.
2. "Do it" with Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore or Salma Hayek.
3. Backstage with Plant and Page.
4. Single-handedly convince people to stop drinking Yellow Tail wine or making "bucket lists."
5. Be on Jeopardy!.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'll play!

1. See Paris and France
2. Go to Australia
3. Move to Hawaii
4. Win on Jeopardy
5. Find the man of my dreams and live happily ever after or win the lottery

I'm flexible on #5 either love or money. ;D

·
Registered
260 Posts
OK, I'll go. Not in any particular order:

1. Own a cabin in the woods.
2. Graduate from college (I'm a part-time, "non-traditional" student so it'll take me a while but I'm determined)
3. See the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam
4. Retire when I'm still young enough to enjoy it.
5. See the Alaskan rainforest before it's completely gone.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Being as I am, I know the order of my list is going to change as responbilities start increasing. (also with me being in school still.)
I still don't know what order this would be in...
1. Spend a year travelling in Europe (must go to: France, Spain, England, Germany, Italy, and...where's that list.)
2. Open my own cafe/bakery (using my mom's awesome recipes, also after working in nursing for ___yrs.)
3. Do a year or two of nursing overseas
4. meet "The/My Guy", get married, and start a family (preferrably in that order)
5. Actually finish and release one of my stories (even if its one of my screenplays)
6. Buy mom a easy-to-use GSP device that tells her the directions so Dad and I don't have to drive her EVERYWHERE. (Usually its Dad who drives her.)

·
Registered
300 Posts
1. To see my two girls happily married (with children).
2. See our farm paid off.
3. Be able to give up the city job and still be able to have health insurance.
4. Finally lose weight and wear a size 6.
5. Enjoy eternity in heaven with my Lord.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been to NYC many times; Jim...take LR.  She'll put on her best Salma costume for you for doing so.  Take her to radio city; then go for a little twirl on skates in the plaza. (by the way; Salma has it all over the other two birds).

The first time we took our kids to NY...they stood in front of the buildings belted out the mary tyler moore theme song and threw their hats in the air (it probably wasn't the same building; but the lie sounded good at the time) Grrrrrrrrreat just great...now who can turn the world on with her smile is stuck in my head.  Ok; now I'm going to bed.  Goodnight!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
sjc said:
Been to NYC many times; Jim...take LR. She'll put on her best Salma costume for you for doing so. Take her to radio city; then go for a little twirl on skates in the plaza. (by the way; Salma has it all over the other two birds).

The first time we took our kids to NY...they stood in front of the buildings belted out the mary tyler moore theme song and threw their hats in the air (it probably wasn't the same building; but the lie sounded good at the time) Grrrrrrrrreat just great...now who can turn the world on with her smile is stuck in my head. Ok; now I'm going to bed. Goodnight!!
Just a quibble, but Mary Tyler-Moore took place in Minneapolis not New York, so it wasn't the same building for sure.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Let see:

1. go to Isreal
2. Build my dream home
3. Save enough money so I can have a retirement (afford books, crafts, etc)
4. Fly a fighter jet.  
5. Finish all the movies in my netflix queue and all the books in my kindle list (I might have a chance if I quite adding more  :eek:)

i'd say Find a man to marry (who can pay the bills) but I've been single so long not sure if I could take someone else fighting me over the remote!)

theresam.

·
Registered
856 Posts
1. Take an Alaskan cruise then take six months off to drive accross country stopping whenever the mood hits me.
2. Own my own home without a mortgage
3. Meet THE Guy and live happily ever after
4. Go back to school and get my master's degree.
5. If I win the lottery I can do 1, 2 and 4.  Now if I meet the guy before lotto life would be FANATSIC.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hmmm, a short list...

1. Watch my daughter grow into a woman and start her own life.

2. Walk a part of the Great Wall of China and also find my paternal great grandfather's tomb.

3. Hot air balloon ride.

4. Learn to swim and skip a rock.

5. Horse and carriage ride though Central Park, picnic in the park and make smores by a campfire (though illegal in CP...maybe while camping instead ;-p))

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Gables Girl said:
Just a quibble, but Mary Tyler-Moore took place in Minneapolis not New York, so it wasn't the same building for sure.
And would you believe there is a stupid bronze statue of her throwing her hat in the air on the same corner as she did in the show.

·
Registered
106 Posts
1. Win the Nobel Prize for physics
2. Take a year off from my life and take the ultimate road trip visiting all lower 48 states
3. Date someone famous for a few months, dump him, then fade back into obscurity
4. Be a completely self-sufficient hermit living in the Rockies or the Outback (like Thoreau!)
5. Become an amazing cook

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
1.  Open my own e-bay business.
2.  Travel to Scotland/Wales and live there for several months.
3.  Write a book.
4.  Live debt free.
5.  Have my cleaning lady come in twice a week.

Oh. . . and world peace!

G

·
nebulinda said:
4. Be a completely self-sufficient hermit living in the Rockies or the Outback (like Thoreau!)
There's an Outback at Walden Pond?

Did the Bloomin' Onion inspire Transcendentalism?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
5. See the Alaskan rainforest before it's completely gone.
I'm right behind you on this one, but what does it mean?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts