Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When reading books I use the dictionaries a LOT, but I've not been too happy with the pair of Oxford dictionaries. According to this link: http://www.amazon.com/Merriam-Websters-Collegiate-Dictionary-Edition-ebook/dp/B000SEGJ5S/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1356908208&sr=1-1&keywords=webster+dictionary+for+kindle the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary is supposed to be compatible with the HD 7", so I purchased it and downloaded it to my Fire. But I haven't been able to get it to automatically be used when selecting a word in a book I'm reading. Can anyone help? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
It's compatible with the HD7 in that you can use it as a book on the Fire, but you are not able on any of the Fires to change the original dictionary, (except for foreign language dictionaries) as far as I can tell from research.

Betsy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Betsy the Quilter said:
It's compatible with the HD7 in that you can use it as a book on the Fire, but you are not able on any of the Fires to change the original dictionary, (except for foreign language dictionaries) as far as I can tell from research.
That's what I was afraid of. I've also found that although I have 2 Oxford dictionaries, I've been unable to change over from the "New Oxford" to the other. Oh well, refunds are a piece of cake with Amazon so no real loss. Thanks for the help!

- Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts