Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I wrote about my book here, I described how my sales tanked when a reviewer (my first) admitted that she took off 1-2 stars (leaving me with 3) not because of the the writing or story, but because of the death of an infant.  My unknown story by an unknown author quickly dropped from being top 100 on 3 lists to practically no sales at all.  With all the 99 cent selections out there, who is going to pay $2.99 for something they never heard of that has only 3 stars?  Who's even going to take the time to read the reviewer's explanation?

This morning I awoke to find the great 5-star review that evens things out.  It came from a verified purchaser whom I've never heard of and have no connection to.  I looked to see what other reviews this reviewer has submitted and found zero.  That could mean almost anything, but I've needed encouragement, so I'm taking it in the most positive light.  Perhaps I inspired someone who had never before felt the need to write a review.

Here's the review:

Well written, gorgeous, epic, and tragic. This book blew me away. The love story was sweet, the bad guys were not so nice, but that's what bad guys are all about. This book is about family, love, and innocence shattered by evil. Fawn is an admirably strong character, and I rooted for her throughout. Two thumbs way up high!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats on your 5-star review!  Very nice.  And I hope there are many more to come!  It's kind of tough after one of those unsavory reviews, but sales should pick up again over time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts