Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Kindle books riding a roller coaster of prices in the past few years, what would you pay for this book by Doug Roberts' romantic thriller, The Man Who Fooled SAVAK?
Here is the description:
"Doug Roberts, a G.I. in the U.S. Army is assigned to the classified message center in Tehran, Iran in 1971, where he uncovers evidence that the regime is corrupt and supported by one of the most brutal secret police forces in modern times - SAVAK. After falling in love with an Iranian girl, he launches a thrilling plan to smuggle her and her mother and out of the country. Based on true events!"
http://amzn.to/iDQsKf

Thanks. ;D

Anthony

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
$2.99

:::shrugs::: I dunno...if it appealed to me, I'd pay the price it already is, $4.99. But I'll also pay $9.99 or $12.99 for a book I really want...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Anthony,

I read the sample.  There was a single glitch at the beginning--the sample starts with "51", which I learned was a reference to the year 1951.  The sample appears to begin somewhere mid-chapter.  You'll really want to correct that if you wish to  have any hope of attracting readers.  Other than the opening glitch, I found no formatting errors.  The writing was solid, and the narrative was interesting.  If I were more interested in 1970s Iran I would certainly pay $4.99 or more for such a book.  The biggest selling point, I think, is that the book is worth reading.  Most of the indie books I have sampled--several dozen--are so riddled with elementary errors in formatting, grammar, and spelling that I give up after just a few pages.  I would not read these even if someone paid me; my time is more valuable than that.  These books are worthless, at any price.  But your book passes the test, and definitely worth reading.  I recommend stronger marketing techniques.  Best of luck!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've personally never paid more than 4.99 for an ebook. I do, however, feel that $2.99 is the sweet spot. Now if I could just convince my publisher of that...wicked grin.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm curious why you want to know also, since it doesn't appear to be your book.  If I really wanted to read it I might go for the current $4.99, but I seldom go more than $2.99 as there are so many to choose from at that price or less and with the amount I read I have to consider the budget.  Since the subject only vaguely intrigues me, I probably would think twice before downloading it for free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts