Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have published a fantasy adventure short story on Kindle! Only .99 cents! It is the first in a series.

Two swords-for-hire take on a job to protect a wizard as she ventures into an old tomb in search of the legacy of a powerful mage. Enter the fantastic world of Faktranslykfarn and Victor, a place of wizards and warriors, villains and monsters, magic and secret societies.

This short story is told in the spirit of old school role-playing games and the fiction that inspired those games. If you have spent time in dank, dark, and dangerous dungeons while huddled over a table filled with soft drinks, paper, miniatures, and dice, then this story is for you. This is a story for gamers by a gamer.

I hope you enjoy it.

The link below leads to my story. I shortened it with Bit.ly

http://bit.ly/GCG3J

·
Registered
463 Posts
Perhaps if you added your name or the books, I might check it out.

Bit.ly doesn't offer previews (unless you install their ghastly preview add-on to firefox, which spies on every link of every page you load and slows your system to a crawl), so I don't click any of their links.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I second that, please add an Amazon link (there is a link maker at the top of the page), along with your name and the name of the book! I would be happy to check it out if do!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Yep. Absolutely zero reason to use bit.ly or the like on these forums. It serves no purpose. I wouldn't click on it either because I have no idea where it actually goes. I believe the OP when he says it goes to his Amazon site, but in general, I avoid stealth links of this nature.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops, sorry, everyone. I have been using Bit.ly for everything these days because I like everything neat-looking and have been all over Twitter. It was on my clipboard, so I just pasted it here. I apologize again, no stealth was intended. :-[

So, here is the link to my story.

http://www.amazon.com/Spells-Mrestronias-Faktranslykfarn-Wandering-Warriors/dp/B002C75NWO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244555072&sr=8-1

Here is the product description for my story that hasn't shown up yet on my story's page yet:

Two swords-for-hire take on a job to protect a wizard as she ventures into an old tomb in search of the legacy of a powerful mage. Enter the fantastic world of Faktranslykfarn and Victor, a place of wizards and warriors, villains and monsters, magic and secret societies. This short story is told in the spirit of old school role-playing games and the fiction that inspired those games. If you have spent time in dank, dark, and dangerous dungeons while huddled over a table filled with soft drinks, paper, miniatures, and dice, then this story is for you. This is a story for gamers by a gamer.

I hope it sounds like something you might be interested in and that you check it out.

Thank you,

Chad Ries

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Thank you, Chad. I look forward to reading your story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts