Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so if you create an audible account you can download audio books, but what if you download audio books in itunes. Can you move them to K2? I'm only asking because the audio books in itunes are provided by audible.com and there is a button to de-authorize my audible account, though I don't remember getting one. Any ideas? I did email audible, but I'm too impatient to wait.

LS

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've had an Audible account for a bit and just checked it out for you.  There is a device center on audible that you select your device (mp3 player type...and such) and then it gives you the appropriate software for the format that the device can use.  I ususally use it for my ipod but will run through the motions of using it on my Kindle and let you know but from what I can tell without doing it is that once you download the software and buy the book it'll download it in the proper format for the device and then you just hook up the USB and transfer it over.

Will edit this once I try it out.

Edit:

Looks like the Kindle can use the same formats that the ipod can so no different software was needed.  When I do it for the ipod I select the files to download and it pulls them down and adds them to my itunes without any extra effort.  The format of the files when done that way is .aa files that should play natively on the device.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Harmakhet, I really appreciate your effort to answer my question.

Here's what the email from audiable said, guess I'll try it later.

"Thank you for contacting Audible.

I understand that you would like to use your Amazon Kindle with your Audible audiobooks. You will not be able to use iTunes to transfer to your kindle since this device needs to be activated just like iTunes when you first started. In order to do so, make sure if you are running Vista (click on "save" to desktop) then (run or open); if XP then just click on (run) and continue with the installation. After completing installation, click on "Add New Device" from within Audible Manager under "Mobile Devices" from the bottom left. From the populated list, make sure to click on "Amazon Kindle" and click "OK". Once the Audible manager re launches after adding the device, you should be able to see that the device name will appear on the bottom left under "Mobile Devices". Once you connect your device to the computer and this device gets recognized, you should be able check how much memory is available to transfer the audio to your device. To transfer the audio, just click and drag to the bottom panel or right click and add to "Amazon Kindle". Once the file is transferred to the device, you should be able to listen to the audiobook."

You know I always have my iPOD with me so this really isn't that big of a deal, but I like exploring different things I can do with K. :)

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
When you download a book from Audible, it actually saves in a download folder and then is imported into itunes. You can move the Audible book directly from the download folder to the Audible folder on your Kindle..No need to use itunes or Audible Manager at all.

Mine are in documents>audible>downloads

Also, you can have several (I can't remember if it's 3 or 5 though) devices on your Audible account..And you can have books from 2 different accounts on one device (like I have one and my husband has one..I can have books from both, but I can't add books from my daughters account until I delete either mine or my husbands from my Kindle)

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can also activate your K2 directly from the K2. I have an Audible account and have audiobooks on iTunes that I have been using on my K1. I just transfered one book from iTunes to K2 and tried to open it and I got a message that my K2 was not activated and would I like to activate it? I followed directions and activated directly from K2, did not need Windows XP or Vista.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
When you download a book from Audible, it actually saves in a download folder and then is imported into itunes. You can move the Audible book directly from the download folder to the Audible folder on your Kindle..No need to use itunes or Audible Manager at all.

Mine are in documents>audible>downloads

Also, you can have several (I can't remember if it's 3 or 5 though) devices on your Audible account..And you can have books from 2 different accounts on one device (like I have one and my husband has one..I can have books from both, but I can't add books from my daughters account until I delete either mine or my husbands from my Kindle)
Good to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.