Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the User Guide for how to use audio books I already own on my brand new Kindle... still can not figure out how to do this. I am not computer illiterate, just not experienced with how to do this deed.

Is there someone who would be willing to give me some simple instruction on how this is to be done? Do I need to transfer the book to my PC or can I simply just have it in the computer and load it into my Kindle? I have a 2 Gig SD card in my Kindle.

Thanks for any help,
Virginia

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
When you hook up your Kindle to your PC, and open the Kindle as a drive, you will see several folders, including Audible. Drag and drop your audio files there. Eject your Kindle from the PC, then go to the Kindle home page, your Audio Book will appear as any other book. There will be a little sound symbol to the right of the title, indicating it is an audio book.

If you got your audiobooks from Audible.com, you may need to register your Kindle there as a device on your account, or you will not be able to play the files. I don't have an Audible account, and I am wondering if you might need to download the files again after the Kindle is registered so it has the proper information in the DRM before you can play it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
If you have an Audible account, you will need to register your Kindle but you will not need to re download the books. You can just drag them into the audible file on the SD card and you are ready to go. Best to use the card rather than the Kindle memory because audible files are very large.

If you have audible books stored elsewhere on your computer, you should be able to drag them to the audible folder on the SD card and plug and play.

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts