Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question here, how many of you listen to audio books on your Kindle?  I just love this.  Audible.com works like a charm with the Kindle.  A bit more money than books but very nice to listen to books while you work on your chores around the house.  Just a bit curious if I am the only one out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love audible.com and have amassed quite an audio book library but I don't listen to them on my Kindle.  I listen to them on an iPod.  The Kindle is a bit too large to carry around when my iPod nano handles them like a charm.

The one thing I do however is RIP Audio CD's of Shakespeare performances to the iPod and then read along on the Kindle.  Audio only Shakespeare doesn't work for me, but then just reading it is kind of tough too.  So this way I can have both.

Larry

·
Registered
530 Posts
Like Kelly, I listen to and have amassed a large collection of audio books through Audible and other sources. I also play them on myiPod rather than my Kindle. Most of my audio book listening time is in my car where I have an aux port to plug in and charge my iPod and when mowing my lawn. I personally prefer to use my Kindle for reading and keep my audio books on my iPod (which is pretty much only used for books at this point).

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have had an Audible account since they first came out. I only listen to audiobooks on my IPod, and I have never even tried it on the Kindle. I always have my Ipod on me and am listening to audio books when walking, gardening, etc... In fact, I have never even put music on my Ipod, just audiobooks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I listen to my audiobooks on my Kindle. I do all my reading, ebook and Audiobook, at home so I'm not concerned with portability. I use the Kindle on the charger and with external speakers (an old pair of computer speakers). I prefer eBooks but I found that some books I'm interested in are only available in audio format. I have over 50 audiobooks, but if both formats are available I buy the Kindle version.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I usually listen to them on my windows phone but recently I have been using my Kindle also.

My Ford Edge has sync, a usb port and a 3.5mm plug. I just plug in the kindle to the 3.5 mm plug and play it thru my speakers. A couple of my tv's have pc inputs and 3.5mm plug inputs to go along with it and I sometimes hook my Kindle up thru the tv and listen.

You can't load your whole library on your kindle, you have to only keep a few books at at time with you but I really like this feature. I usually always take my kindle with me on any car trip that longer than a few minutes.

There is one thing I would like to see improved and thats the fast forward and rewind feature. The Kindle only does 30 seconds at a time and thats a real pain if you have lost your place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts