Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for you trailblazers who have gone on before.  My first book just hit the stores in audiobook format yesterday.  Are there any sites, ideas or other ways to market your audiobooks?

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
This is an excellent question and one I've pondered lately.

Other than what is recommended on the ACX website, I haven't had any great ideas yet.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe_Nobody said:
This is an excellent question and one I've pondered lately.

Other than what is recommended on the ACX website, I haven't had any great ideas yet.
Hopefully someone with more wisdom then us will respond. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
I make just shy of $200 p/d promoting Audible audiobooks through YouTube.  Use your 5 min promotional sample and combine it with a your cover and make a video.  Keyword the hell out of it and it will rank in Google very fast.  Link back to your Audible sales page from the description.  Caption the video a few seconds in telling people to "download the full audiobook by clicking the link below the video".

Rinse and repeat the same video with different keywords until all your possible targeting terms are covered.

·
Registered
219 Posts
JTCochrane said:
I have a question for you trailblazers who have gone on before. My first book just hit the stores in audiobook format yesterday. Are there any sites, ideas or other ways to market your audiobooks?
Someone posted a blog post on here about a week ago about Audible marketing. It was actually on the Audible site. Also, I guess you get 5 free download coupons you can gift out for the book.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bookgrow said:
I make just shy of $200 p/d promoting Audible audiobooks through YouTube. Use your 5 min promotional sample and combine it with a your cover and make a video. Keyword the hell out of it and it will rank in Google very fast. Link back to your Audible sales page from the description. Caption the video a few seconds in telling people to "download the full audiobook by clicking the link below the video".

Rinse and repeat the same video with different keywords until all your possible targeting terms are covered.
Thank you so much for your help. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
bookgrow said:
I make just shy of $200 p/d promoting Audible audiobooks through YouTube. Use your 5 min promotional sample and combine it with a your cover and make a video. Keyword the hell out of it and it will rank in Google very fast. Link back to your Audible sales page from the description. Caption the video a few seconds in telling people to "download the full audiobook by clicking the link below the video".

Interesting . . .

bookgrow, this sounds like something I might like to try now that I'm getting some audio books out there. I am, though, pretty technically "challenged," so would you mind explaining this process a little more? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WyattM et al. said:
Interesting . . .

bookgrow, this sounds like something I might like to try now that I'm getting some audio books out there. I am, though, pretty technically "challenged," so would you mind explaining this process a little more? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Wyatt. I will look into that as well.

EdShull said:
Someone posted a blog post on here about a week ago about Audible marketing. It was actually on the Audible site. Also, I guess you get 5 free download coupons you can gift out for the book.
I created a video for youtube last night with windows movie maker. It is fairly easy. I would be glad to help if you need it.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
You know, I already have awesome book trailers that have voiceover from my audiobook narrator, and yet it never occured to me to use that for my audiobook marketing. Duh!

You say to "keyword the heck out of it." Any suggestions?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amanda Brice said:
You know, I already have awesome book trailers that have voiceover from my audiobook narrator, and yet it never occured to me to use that for my audiobook marketing. Duh!

You say to "keyword the heck out of it." Any suggestions?
Since my books are young adult fantasy/science fiction. I used words like magic, aliens, monsters, spells etc... I also used words like friendship, bullies..

I haven't read your books, but by the covers, I would think stuff like ballet and other dance related words.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts