Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm SURE this has been discussed and answered before...BUT...Before Kindle2 (which I am getting ANY MOMENT NOW--UPS man is on his way--I don't think I can take the wait!!), I downloaded MP3 Audiobook CD's from the library onto my iPod.  Can I do this with my Kindle2? 

Again, sorry if this has already been discussed! :-[
Thanks very much!~
~lynn

·
Registered
530 Posts
From my understanding you can. In addition, those of us with Audible accounts can use our Kindle for playback of audible files.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rhiathame (member 2790) said:
From my understanding you can. In addition, those of us with Audible accounts can use our Kindle for playback of audible files.
Really?! Wow, that would be great! Does anyone out there know how I would go about downloading them to my K2?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
marianner said:
If you have ripped the tracks to MP3 format, you just have to drag them into the audible folder on your Kindle.
Wow, maybe this is more complicated than I anticipated....The audiobook CD's I get from the library are already in MP3 format. If I download them to my Mac, does anyone know what I do after that???

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I doubt they are already in MP3 format. They are likely audio CDs, and they are in WAV format.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pidgeon92 said:
I doubt they are already in MP3 format. They are likely audio CDs, and they are in WAV format.
Actually, some of them are in MP3, I was surprised too! When in MP3 format there may only be 1 or 2 discs as opposed to numerous discs...

Now, another question: How would I download the NON MP3 audiobooks onto my Mac and then onto the K2???

~Lynn

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya know what....never mind....I'm just going to use my Kindle to read.  I listen to audiobooks when I work at the torch (I make glass beads) so I'll just keep the two separate!

Thanks for everyone's help!
~Lynn

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Yeah, I think you would have to convert them... or at least more of them. :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Seeing as you have an iPod, that really ought to be what you use to listen to Audiobooks.... You can just import the CDs, whether they are MP3 or audio CDs, directly into iTunes. They won't import as audiobooks, but you can update that in the Get Info area of each file. Then they will move into the AudioBooks playlist.

When Jeff Bezos was on Charlie Rose, he said "yes, you can listen to music on the Kindle.... but why would you want to?"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pidgeon92 said:
Seeing as you have an iPod, that really ought to be what you use to listen to Audiobooks.... You can just import the CDs, whether they are MP3 or audio CDs, directly into iTunes. They won't import as audiobooks, but you can update that in the Get Info area of each file. Then they will move into the AudioBooks playlist.

When Jeff Bezos was on Charlie Rose, he said "yes, you can listen to music on the Kindle.... but why would you want to?"
Exactly...I don't know what i was thinking! I do download them onto my iPod and I'm perfectly happy with it! I guess I just got caught up in the Kindle Khaos of my new Kindle that arrived yesterday (Friday)!!!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Agreed. My iPod is about 75% audio books right now, most from Audible (Amazon gets my money all kinds of ways!).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts