Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard that itunes is going exclusively with audible.com for all audiobooks...So look out before paying the bucks to other companies promising distribution to itunes. It's all in flux.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
catjournalist said:
Heard that itunes is going exclusively with audible.com for all audiobooks...So look out before paying the bucks to other companies promising distribution to itunes. It's all in flux.
Do you have a link to that info? Even if it's just a site that reports on rumors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry. no link. I was told this...I just wanted to pass on a cautionary note...if there is a link, will pass on soonest...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
Thanks for sharing Greta.  Mine are just podcasts at the moment, but will be getting them onto Audible at some point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,403 Posts
Are indies able to submit their completed audiobooks for sale on audible?  The only thing I see on their site is an email if you have at least five complete books.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
lacymarankevinmichael said:
Are indies able to submit their completed audiobooks for sale on audible? The only thing I see on their site is an email if you have at least five complete books.
You can do it through podiobooks if you're willing to make a serialized version free on podiobooks.com as well. I'm not sure that option is listed on the site, but you can email them (Evo Terra is the guy) and he'll give you the details.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,403 Posts
edwardgtalbot said:
You can do it through podiobooks if you're willing to make a serialized version free on podiobooks.com as well. I'm not sure that option is listed on the site, but you can email them (Evo Terra is the guy) and he'll give you the details.
I've been having trouble getting approved on podiobooks. (Can't seem to convert stereo to joint stereo). But good to know about audible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
lacymarankevinmichael said:
I've been having trouble getting approved on podiobooks. (Can't seem to convert stereo to joint stereo). But good to know about audible.
What audio package are you using? I use Audacity and when I export as an MP3, it gives me the option to set it as joint stereo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
The audiobook/Audible monopoly has been around on iTunes for at least a year.

Getting a podcast novel into iTunes is simple thru podiobooks and if you're having trouble, go to http://community.podiobooks.com and join the mentorship group there. It's what it's for.

Typically, the problem is the audio editing software -- either you're not using Audacity or you're using the Audacity (Stable) and not the Beta version. Joint Stereo is a check box hidden in the Beta version output options. Simple fix.

All eight of my novels are on iTunes and doing okay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
Nathan Lowell said:
Typically, the problem is the audio editing software -- either you're not using Audacity or you're using the Audacity (Stable) and not the Beta version. Joint Stereo is a check box hidden in the Beta version output options. Simple fix.

All eight of my novels are on iTunes and doing okay.
Hi Nathan!

Maybe even a little bit better than OK!

Isn't the Joint Stereo checkbox a function of which MP3 encoder you have installed? Or is purely audacity? I know sometime in late 2008, I switched MP3 encoders to LAME and the options when exporting MP3 changed. But I was using the beta version all along, so maybe the non-beta doesn't have output options as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
It has to do with the version of Audacity. It may be part of other software as well, but I only use Audacity and ran into the problem myself when I tried to export an MP3 on a Windows machine.

The stable version lacks the check box under "Options" in the export regardless of the LAME version installed. Using the beta version reveals the extra checkbox and enables Joint Stereo output.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top