Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for this but couldn't find the info I'm looking for. Can anyone tell me how to set up an author central account for my newest pen name? I've already got a "Dara England" AC account (which, unfortunately, I've locked myself out of) but I'd like one for my "C. Greenwood" name too.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
You just log out, and then click "Create an account" from the AC login page. Then you 'claim' your book! It'll take a few days/confirmation emails I think.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Yes, just as Dalya says.  I wish there were a way to link pen names, to show "books written as C. Greenwood," but there's not, at least as far as I know.  I realize that depending on the genres, many writers wouldn't want both pen-names listed (if they write YA and also erotica, for example), but for many who write in two different genres, it would be beneficial.  Plus, it's a pain in the butt to have to create yet another account with yet another e-mail/password combination.  :p

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
You can have up to three author pages (live at one time) via the same Author Central account: http://kdp.amazon.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=68044&tstart=0 TattoedWriter also confirmed that if you contact KDP they will make one of the pages inactive so that you can add a new one & the page made inactive still stays viewable - you just can't update it without swapping back.

Edited to add: Anne Marie has beaten me to it. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a quicker, easier way to do this  ;D........

(1) Log into your author account
(2) Search for the book under your pen name
(3) Add the book when it says "is this your book"
(4) Amazon will say that it is not your name...
(5) But...will ask if you would like to add a pen name
(6) Click yes, set up new account, easy!

When you log back into your account you will see a drop down list in the top right corner where you will be able to switch between authors!!!

You can have up to three pen names under one log in account and they offer you the opportunity to the merge the names if you need to do so in the future ")

JL x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts