Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that certain authors (for example William Meikle) spend a lot of time on Facebook interacting with fans.

I tried Facebook for a month or so and aside from 25 likes got zero interaction.

Perhaps Facebook pages are a bit like YouTube channels in that you have to keep posting and eventually people will start interacting?

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
This is tough.

You have to get the people there in the first place. Easier said than done.

Of course, it's very easy to say hello to the nice people who like your work. It is not even a job, really. But they come because of the books, not because of the Facebook.

·
Registered
816 Posts
It's easier if you've got other places to draw them in from -- blog, Twitter -- to make it another part of your 'brand'. I imagine it's pretty tough going if it's just this lone, unconnected thing, sitting out there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Facebook is a potential source of traffic - but at the end of the day you should be driving traffic to your own blog - where you can sign up fans to a newsletter and sell books. FB is hard work IMHO - it's taken me years to have even a small amount of interaction there with "fans" (rather than actual RL friends). They all take a lot of work - and it's a waste of time unless you have an overall strategy

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think this depends on the person and the fans. I follow a self pubbed author on facebook and she gets a lot of fan interaction. However, even though her posts relate to her books, they are not slamming it in your face. They are fun posts. I want to be like her :)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I love FB for interacting with readers. I've recently started to use Twitter too, but I much prefer FB. It seems there's a lot more interaction over there, but maybe that's just me? 

1 - 8 of 8 Posts