Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An author with the same pen as mine has started popping up alongside my name as the author of the books I release. In fact, unless I go into author Central and claim the books, his biography autofills and mine is nowhere to be found. In addition, even after claiming the books, his biography doesn't go away. It just lists us both as authors. Has anyone had any experience with this and what should I do about it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Searches often confuse me with Cecelia Hopkins Porter. It appears she has a Phd. in Music and I have a MA in English. As I build my portfolio, she pops up less and I pop up more. Generally, I'm complimented.

In your case, I might be  little concerned. Is the other profile a real person?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
On Goodreads or on Amazon? On Goodreads this is a common issue and they need to create a separate author profile with extra spaces in it for the second author of that name and then you have to make a habit of checking for books that get listed wrong and ask to have them moved to the correct author. On Amazon that sounds like someone claiming the books under that author profile because I don't think that just happens. I'd reach out and explain the situation to someone at Author Central and see if it can get fixed.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
You should always claim your books. It helps keep this from happening, but really, if the name is the same, how is Amazon to know it isn't you? You can use the Contact Us link at KDP and have someone remove any links between the two of you, and it might be necessary for you to contact that author and ask them to claim their own books, or even change their name slightly.

On Goodreads, as explained, you have to get the librarians involved to fix it. This happens a lot, actually.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's on Amazon, and this isn't a new pen. I've published about 20 books under it and this has only started happening recently. I always claim all my books, but recently, before that even has a chance to go through, this other person is on the author page. I will contact KDP though. Thanks for the heads up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts