Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this in my inbox... wondering if anyone else is going to try this out? I personally love authorgraph and would love to see something like this be successful, just like BookBub. It's the price that's slowing me down...

Hello Susan,
I'm writing to let you know how Authorgraph can introduce you to hundreds of new readers.

Over the past year and a half, thousands of readers have delighted in connecting with their favorite authors on Authorgraph. Avid readers cherish the Authorgraphs they receive and share them with friends and fellow fans. At the same time, countless authors have written to me describing the rush that accompanies receiving heartfelt messages from their readers.

An Authorgraph request provides a stronger show of interest than a 5 star review on Amazon or a "Like" on Facebook. These interactions are fantastic but Authorgraph is more that just a fun, new way for readers to engage with their current favorite authors. Authorgraph can help readers discover their next favorite author.

All authors have difficulty gaining exposure to new readers. I want to help solve this problem. The data collected from tens of thousands of connections that have occurred on Authorgraph will soon be put to work. I've built a tool to help authors gain exposure to new readers by analyzing the authors that a reader is known to like and using that data to suggest other authors that that reader will also enjoy.

I'm very excited about this idea and I'd love for you to participate. Here's how:

1. I'll find at least 500 readers who I think will be interested in hearing from you.
2. You'll write a short message about yourself and/or your books.
3. I'll place your message in an email to these readers.
4. About a week after the emails are sent, I'll follow up with a report on the results.
The price: $99

Taking advantage of this special offer is easy. Click the link below to get started.

Let's get started!

I look forward to introducing you to hundreds of eager new readers, each waiting to find you, their next favorite author.
Regards,
Evan Jacobs, Founder
Authorgraph.com

P.S. As a special bonus, the first 500 authors who sign-up for this offer will also be promoted as a "Featured Author" on Authorgraph.com for the entire month of April.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Just based on the price, I was planning on passing. I hope one of us does it, though, then posts their results here! ;D

·
Registered
670 Posts
Nope. I don't know where these "at least 500 readers" come from. I'll wait to get readouts from those more daring than I before I'll even consider it.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
i was intrigued, but i'd like to see him reach out to more than 500 readers. that seemed a bit on the slim side considering the price.   that said, i love authorgraph.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
That's $.20 per name if my math is right. That's very, very expensive.
Most mass-market email lists go for .01 to .02 per verified email address unless they are a specifically filtered database.
Again, if we knew how qualified those email lists were it might be worth it, but I'm not going first.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joe_Nobody said:
That's $.20 per name if my math is right. That's very, very expensive.
Most mass-market email lists go for .01 to .02 per verified email address unless they are a specifically filtered database.
Again, if we knew how qualified those email lists were it might be worth it, but I'm not going first.
He claims that they are higher quality because they're matched somehow with the author. But you're right - absent actual data, it's hard to justify the risk. I suggested he do free ads for a while, but apparently he has authors signed up willing to take the risk, already.

·
Registered
855 Posts
yep, your math is right, it's 0.198 per head.
I guess he can sort the emails by type of book for which the authorgraph was asked,
I may try for the next book but not now.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I really wanted to, but that price is a little steep for me right now. Will look for others to report back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts