Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend just got me one for Christmas (woo hoo!!) and when I went into the Kindle Store it says "Hello, GIRLFRIENDS NAME" at the top. I've deauthorized her from the account and authorized myself. Everything seems to be linked up alright, I downloaded a book with my info. But still, when I go into the store it still says her name. Any way to fix this? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Axis, Welome. And congratulations on your new Kindle.

I am not quite sure if the problem is in your account or your Kindle. You can rename your Kindle. The default name is to the purchaser, ie, Jane's Kindle, Joe's Kindle, etc. You can change it's name either in the settings section of your Kindle or in your account at Amazon. That would be my suggestion for a first step. Try that and report back.

Leslie

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You can edit the name of your Kindle on the Settings screen inside your Kindle. Click on the scroll wheel and select Settings. On the Settings screen, find "Device Name." Click on "Edit" and change the name to anything you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.