Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads-up to Kindle authors. I believe that the DTP reporting system is stuck again like it was at the beginning of June. I know of several new readers, especailly of The Jade Owl yesterday and today, howeve, my reports have not changed or accounted new sales since July 7th. I have titlez.com, which should imroved rankings which mean . . . you guessed it sales. Yet nothing recorded. Are you having this issue also? I have shouted on the DTP help system and when I get home from work, I'll send at dtp-feedback email.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Ed,

I realized there was something wrong with DTP when the Kindle sales ranking for one of my books dropped from 70,000's to 9,000's and no reports of sales were registered. Looks like we're back to square one. Technology sure is amazing when it works. But when it's not, it's a bummer.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Thanks for posting on the DTP help, Ed.  I still hear the echoes............  :)  It's like yelling into a cave and only hearing yourself respond instead of the great cave monster, DTPAdmin...

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent the following to dtp-feedback and posted it on the help system.

The DTP Sales reporting system is not reporting sales to all Kindle authors since yesterday. I have 5 verified sales not recorded or reported (they are in various other indicators, rankings and titlez.com and customer receipts). I know that other authors are experiencing the same problem. Please repair as soon as possible These reports are important to our promotional programs.

Thanks you
Edward C. Patterson

Tanner:

It tracks your DTB's also. Just search by ISBN.

Ed P

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the same problem. I dropped into the top 1,000 for kindle best sellers yesterday (I'm at 1,001 at the moment) and climbed up the sci-fi best sellers lists, but my sales have been essentially static. How can I go up a best seller list and not sell any books?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it so much if I knew that DTP would eventually "catch up" and give me credit for everything that sold, but I have no faith in this. I don't know what's going on in their software, it's a black box to me. What I've seen in the past is that the report eventually gets unstuck, but I don't get a sudden wave of book sales, rather, it just starts working again normally. It's like Amazon has random blackout periods where they take 100% of my sales and then, when they feel like it, they resume keeping score.

I sent a mail to [email protected] I think DTP is an innovative idea/product and kudos to Amazon, but they NEED TO FIX THEIR SOFTWARE BECAUSE THEY ARE BEGGING FOR AN AUDIT!

-----------------------------------------------
Sam Landstrom
Author of acclaimed "MetaGame", sci-fi novel for 80 cents
[[ASIN:B002AJ88LC MetaGame]]

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The following has been posted at DTP:

"We would like to take this opportunity to apologize to our publishers for the
inconvenience you have experienced due to the current issue with payment
reports.  Please note, your sales information has been captured in our database. 
Due to a systematic backlog, your payments information is not properly
reflecting in your reports.  Our technical team is working hard to ensure that
this issue is resolved as quickly as possible.  Please check your reports on
July 11, after 3:00 p.m. PST, and you should see your sales information updated. 

Thanks for your patience in this matter and for notifying us of the issue."

Ed Patterson

·
Registered
516 Posts
Edward C. Patterson said:
The following has been posted at DTP:

"We would like to take this opportunity to apologize to our publishers for the
inconvenience you have experienced due to the current issue with payment
reports. Please note, your sales information has been captured in our database.
Due to a systematic backlog, your payments information is not properly
reflecting in your reports. Our technical team is working hard to ensure that
this issue is resolved as quickly as possible. Please check your reports on
July 11, after 3:00 p.m. PST, and you should see your sales information updated.

Thanks for your patience in this matter and for notifying us of the issue."

Ed Patterson
I am seeing sales reported as of now. They have slowed down just a trifle. But there was a really barren period of about a week. Let's hope we're all back to "normal."

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe its working as I had 2 sales showing today, and nothing on TitleZ to contradict it. I'll keep an eye on it.

Ed P

·
Registered
516 Posts
I believe its working as I had 2 sales showing today, and nothing on TitleZ to contradict it. I'll keep an eye on it.

Ed P
Thanks, Ed. Could be me. Just switched to Firefox--which I like. Much crisper and faster than IE.

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No it's definitely working becuase I just another 4 sales and they registered nicely. I use firefox to upload to DTP, becuase DTP in IE (my version) disables the Upload file button. Go figure.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
516 Posts
No it's definitely working becuase I just another 4 sales and they registered nicely. I use firefox to upload to DTP, becuase DTP in IE (my version) disables the Upload file button. Go figure.

Edward C. Patterson
Curiouser and curiouser. Thanks again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts