Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked through my manual for this last night and couldn't find it, yet I have seen two people mention it.  ???

Can someone please tell me whereI can find this feature?

·
Registered
921 Posts
If you start the text to speech feature, it turns the pages automatically.  You could turn the volume all the way down.  I believe you can choose the speed (3 choices) of how fast the speech feature works.  That's the only way I know the pages turn automatically.

·
Registered
111 Posts
OMG!  My new best friend, DivaMimi, is awesome.  We just worked out together and she turned the pages while I was on the treadmill.  A new reason to workout...another 45-60 minutes of reading time!  I did just as you all suggested and it worked like a charm!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
slh92462 said:
OMG! My new best friend, DivaMimi, is awesome. We just worked out together and she turned the pages while I was on the treadmill. A new reason to workout...another 45-60 minutes of reading time! I did just as you all suggested and it worked like a charm!
Glad to hear it worked! Was it too slow/fast for you? What font and speed did you wind up using? I'm nosy!

·
Registered
111 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Glad to hear it worked! Was it too slow/fast for you? What font and speed did you wind up using? I'm nosy!
I can't seem to figure out how to change the speed or to a ladies' voice yet so it was a man's voice at the normal set speed. It was the perfect speed though and I didn't trip over my toes at any point. I was using the largest font since I had to look down at the screen. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have it reading to me right now and I can't get it to show me any options.  :mad:  I'm sure it is user ignorance!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
slh92462 said:
I can't seem to figure out how to change the speed or to a ladies' voice yet so it was a man's voice at the normal set speed.
After you turn on the text to speech, click the font key. (Aa)

·
Registered
111 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
After you turn on the text to speech, click the font key. (Aa)
Thanks, I just figured it out finally when I tried to make the font smaller. I knew I had seen it somewhere but couldn't figure out where!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts