Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I can't address the historical romance genre, but I pre-ordered a mystery novel last week that was scheduled for early March, and it showed up this morning on my Kindle.

Mike

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
crebel said:
Guess I am the only one obsessing about this - Kindle books due to be released Feb 01 still say "sign up to be notified when this book is available" and of course there is no way to do that. Now all the Karen Hawkins books which I click, click, clicked to be available on Kindle say "Kindle Release Feb 03" and they still aren't available either. Bah Humbug!
As a "gotta have it the day it's released" person I have noticed that books show up in the afternoon or evening of the release date. I think it has to do with the fact they are in Seattle and the time zones put them back 3 hours from the east coast and they keep puttin them up all day. Keep checking is all you can do, which can be hard when you are at work. :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
One or two weeks ago I preordered a book that was due out today.  Turned on WN this morning and there it was!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
crebel said:
Since adding all the public domain books do you think it is taking them longer and past the scheduled release date to "kindleize" them?
The availability of books from publishers would have nothing to do with the public domain books that Amazon provided (from files that were already converted). All Amazon had to do was import the books, with title and author information. There is no reason for them to have had to sit down and convert the books - that was already done.

Publishers would have to provide their own books - Amazon is not going to do it for them. I suppose it is possible that Amazon has a group that will convert books, for a price, but for the most part, publishers seem to be doing it themselves.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rivery said:
One or two weeks ago I preordered a book that was due out today. Turned on WN this morning and there it was!
Do they charge for a pre order book when you buy it or when it come out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts