Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a few freebies by Greg Banks (http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,7407.msg152747.html#msg152747), Avatar being one of them. It's a short story, so it made it a very quick read, I think I read it in a total of an hour and a half, but it was great!! It was nice to read something quick after reading a longer series.

I particularly enjoyed the way he chose to paint the world the characters lived in. They had many technologies that do not exsist in our time, but unless they pertained directly to the story he didn't explain in detail everything that was different. I really enjoyed this. I hate when a short story gets too bogged down in the extraneous details. He explained it all using context clues, and I felt like I knew exactly what kind of world they were living in.

I thought the story was very well written and it kept my interest until the end! I can't wait to try some of his others. Be sure to give them a try!!

Rachel

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevis Hendrickson said:
Yet, another book I need to read. My TBR list is getting out of hand! Thanks for the tip!
Tell me about it!! That's why I really enjoyed this one, it was quick finished in under 2 hours, and sufficiently crossed one book off my list!! :)

Rachel

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Rachel,

I've been out of town for a few days, so I just happen to see this. Thank you so much for your kind words. Avatar was a story close to my heart, since Carver is sort of my alter ego in some ways. He is me if I had chosen to a different path in accepting my disability (and of course, no one's ever offered me a new body!). I should also point out that for anyone who has (or perhaps might wish to) purchase my Phoenix Tales collection, Avatar is included in that as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts