Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen any pics of this Oberon cover and thought you might like to see some. :D
Mine just came today and I am very happy with it. The color is beautiful
(fern) and I had been saving this skin that has a bit of that color in it's strips and I think they look great together...

I also love how it can stand up on it's own, great for hands free reading when you need it!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Beautiful and I like the skin combo. I had this one ordered and cancelled it to  see what they offer in 2009. I sure do like it though.  ???

Linda

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Beautiful!  I got the same cover except with velcro.  I'm not planning on skinning Sundog.  At least a little of the reason is I like seeing the Amazon logo.  I love getting boxes with the logo (even if I have to pay for contents).

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
LOVE it!!  More your pictures and your cute case than the Oberon cover. 
You're so impressive!  And I liked your old case and skin too! 

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jen, I actually got the blue skin by mistake and they let me keep it and sent me the one I actually ordered. I saved it
when I knew I was getting this cover.

I will say, it was pretty easy to remove the old skin and it protected my Kindle very well. I was a little worried the old cover which
has metal brackets to hold the kindle in place might be damaged from them. It looks brand new.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Octochick, great pics!  I love your screensaver.  Thanks for sharing them.

I'm going to merge this one later today with the thread on Oberon Cover is Here!  Hope you don't mind!

Betsy

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Wow, another beautiful cover!  My M-edge arrived yesterday and I'm very happy w/it, but you are all making it very hard to resist ordering from Oberon too :)  Do you find that the elastic in the upper right corner is too tight, causing the next page button to depress?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I love my M-edge too Ruby but I am waiting to see what Oberon has in 2009. They are so beautiful I may have to order. With the 8 free books I got today I can use that money for an Oberon cover.  ;)

Linda

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
I love my M-edge too Ruby but I am waiting to see what Oberon has in 2009. They are so beautiful I may have to order. With the 8 free books I got today I can use that money for an Oberon cover. ;)

Linda
Sounds like we are in the same boat, Linda! I grabbed 5 free books today and didn't look at it that way......I definitely like your train of thought though, great justification :) I may just go ahead and order one, seems like we shouldn't be without.
Ruby

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ruby said:
Do you find that the elastic in the upper right corner is too tight, causing the next page button to depress?
Not at all, if anything that bar is harder to press, for some reason. I saw someone note this on another thread and some
else said they just take that corner off while reading. You still have to press that bar from about the center. I just read some on it
and you get use to it very fast.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
chynared21 said:
Octo...it's beautiful!!! I love the color.
See, I think the green is a little too "pea-ish". I'd prefer something more in a forest shade. . .but maybe it's just trying to see it on a computer screen. And, of course, everyone has different preferences. . . . . .

Thanks for posting the pictures, though. It sure does help to have pictures in addition to what's on the website.

Ann

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Octochick said:
Not at all, if anything that bar is harder to press, for some reason. I saw someone note this on another thread and some
else said they just take that corner off while reading. You still have to press that bar from about the center. I just read some on it
and you get use to it very fast.
Thanks! I couldn't decide so I ended up going w/velcro, hope I don't regret it!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Ruby said:
Thanks! I couldn't decide so I ended up going w/velcro, hope I don't regret it!
Several beta testers here with velcro & they love them. Leslie, Patricia, Betsy, Verena (Pidgeon) & others. I'm sure they would have told us if there were any cons with the velcro. I bet you will love it. :)
Linda

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am sure you will be happy Ruby. I really like the floating look of the K, in the velcro
version. I was a bit torn too, I just did not want to stick anything on mine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
AARRGGHH!!!! There's my cover I just ordered (except mine is velcro).....ooh, I can't wait!

tick, tock.....

I'm not sold on skins. YET.  snicker. You guys do have a persuasive way.....

1 - 20 of 76 Posts