Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
If there's a problem they just kick it back to you.

What I'm trying to figure out is how long it takes for changes to show up on venues Smashwords send it to. I'm waiting after two weeks and no changes on iBook, B&N or Sony.

As far as the process of being approved I've had it take a few days or several weeks. It depends on how bad their backlog is I suppose.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
JRTomlin said:
If there's a problem they just kick it back to you.

What I'm trying to figure out is how long it takes for changes to show up on venues Smashwords send it to. I'm waiting after two weeks and no changes on iBook, B&N or Sony.
Smashwords updates don't seem to be an exact science. I made title changes and some description changes to a few of my books a few weeks ago. I also added a new book. The new book has shown up at B&N (the only place I've checked) but the title and description changes for the others haven't. I once changed the description and cover image of one of my books and while the description changed, the cover didn't. I emailed and Mark Coker answered within a day that he'd look into it. Another day later and the changes were all done.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would say two weeks for the premium catalog is about right. I've had the most trouble with Smashwords in comparison to B & N and Amazon regarding e-book uploads. I had a book get accepted and distributed to the Premium catalog. Then, I made a few changes (added a Q & A section for book clubs- women's fiction) and I was stuck again waiting for approval and they kicked it back even though the Autovetter said it was fine. Turns out my table of contents was all screwed up when I re-saved as a new document.  I would suggest that you go out to your book page and download the e-pub version and make sure all your chapter links work. I've done that multiple times to fix everything in the table of contents.  I refuse to do the nuclear method though.  I did get a nice note from Mark Coker when I sent a message wondering about the approval time-frame for the Premium Catalog. They just fixed the download program so it goes much faster (it's minutes now instead of 24 hours like it was in early May for me). I think the Premium Catalog vetting is all manual and I think they are inundated on that end.

Katherine Owen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts