Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Good ole, Dan Poynter.  He's never looked at an indie author and NOT seen dollar signs.

Dan is one of those "gurus" who is very good at convincing people he is very good.  He sells motivation, positive-thinking, and self-confidence.  I've never met a single author who became financially successful with his help, but I've met plenty who "feel good about my choice" after reading his books.  ;D

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose anyone can set up an 'award'. Poets are still being fooled by the so-called poetry society awards. The most despicable one I encountered was an award for children's poetry that targeted schools. My niece phoned to say her son's poem had been chosen for an 'anthology.' I suggested that she not purchase the anthology and see if his poem was included. As I suspected, only the poems of the children who purchased the anthology were included. :mad:

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Mark Coker mentioned this on Smashwords' update page on June 16th.  He also said the deadline for entering was June 30th.  Has that changed?  (I can't get to the links at work.)

$59 seems steep to me.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
swolf said:
Mark Coker mentioned this on Smashwords' update page on June 16th. He also said the deadline for entering was June 30th. Has that changed? (I can't get to the links at work.)

$59 seems steep to me.
Yes, they have extended the deadline.

DEADLINE EXTENDED FOR GLOBAL EBOOK AWARDS
>
> The Global Ebook Awards deadline is being extended from June 30 to
> Thursday, July 7 for two reasons.
>
> According to Joseph Dowdy, Director of Awards, "the response has been
> overwhelming as we neared the end of the month. We can't keep up with the
> Nominations and applicants are calling, begging for an extension."
>
> "We also discovered our June 30 filing deadline butts up against the
> Fourth of July three-day weekend. Many authors and smaller publishers have
> regular day-jobs and run their book business on weekends. But the
> Independence Day weekend is often filled with cookouts and other
> celebrations. And the employees at the larger publishers do not work on
> weekends. So we added a few days past the weekend," said Dowdy.
>
> The revised filing deadline is Thursday, July 7 at midnight, Pacific Time.
>

·
Registered
556 Posts
I can't say I've ever heard of this guy, but I can say that I'm not into any guru get money fast type of thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts