Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
13,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gaaaahhh!

Because I found the lousy book cover thread so negative I made a pinterest thread with the title Awesome self-published book covers and now I can't remember which book covers I found so awesome. Except one.

So post your nominations (with image and link) here and I'll pin the awesome ones.

Don't nominate your own books.

http://pinterest.com/mikandra/awesome-self-published-book-covers/

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Or do you mean "covers" of awesome self-published books? *motions to guitar sitting beside me* Don't tempt me. I'll do it!  8)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
That's a GREAT idea.  :)
But now, of course, I can no longer remember the ones I liked!  I'll have to go look for them.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
It was meant to be an antithesis to the tumbl blog where the book designer pisses on covers he hates.
Yes, I saw that. Did leave a bad taste in my mouth too.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
It was meant to be an antithesis to the tumbl blog where the book designer pisses on covers he hates.
Yes, I've been on KB all day, so I got that. ;-) Was just giving you a hard time!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
what a nice lil spark of positivity. I have one problem: I love them all and now have to go click 'like' or comment on em. wow. great work putting these all together. would love to know the designers for these.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
I think you tend to like the covers of the genres you read, so I'm not sure I could judge whether covers of the other genres are good, or not. But I suppose you can like them even if they are not considered to be 'good' covers by those in the graphic design and cover industry  :-\.

·
Registered
13,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not really. A lot of these are urban fantasy/paranormal, which I don't read.

Actually the genre I read most is not even represented here. I'm going purely by pretty pictures and yet of course this will be biased.

I'll list non-fiction covers, too.

(I read mostly hard SF)

1 - 20 of 149 Posts