Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm back from the US and Hollywood (absolutely awesome, see some photos on my blog), and more awesomeness is happening.

A story I published in thismonth's issue of Redstone SF (which is free online) got a very kind review from Lois Tilton of Locus Online. Those who know her review style will know that Lois is a very, very tough nut to crack, so I'm suppremely happy about this. Review here: http://www.locusmag.com/Reviews/2011/05/lois-tilton-reviews-short-fiction-mid-may/

·
Registered
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alan nayes said:
"an original premise, nicely done..." congrats--any thoughts on turning this into a novel?
The story itself... probably not. It's pretty complete, but the setting, yeah, maybe. I'm not very strong on the belief that every short story could become a novel.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
The story itself... probably not. It's pretty complete, but the setting, yeah, maybe. I'm not very strong on the belief that every short story could become a novel.
That's because you're not Tolkien. :D

As my favorite quote about him goes, "Tolkien never saw a sentence that he did not want to turn into a paragraph."

·
Registered
13,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryne Billings said:
That's because you're not Tolkien. :D

As my favorite quote about him goes, "Tolkien never saw a sentence that he did not want to turn into a paragraph."
LOL, yeah in that respect I'm definitely not Tolkien, and extreme descriptive verbosity doesn't tend to fly in today's market (never mind I don't like reading it either)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts