Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Any brainstorms on how to reach the B&N/Nook audience?

Their site has no forum community to take part in...

I also see no gifting tool.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I signed up for Nookboards just now.

The book clubs seem to lack a link off the main page, no wonder I missed them.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
CraigInTwinCities said:
Hey all,

Any brainstorms on how to reach the B&N/Nook audience?

Their site has no forum community to take part in...

Someone on here made the point that the audience is different for the nook compared to the kindle. Many nook owners bought their device in a store rather than online. So the audience is still a physical audience rather than electronic.

I've been wracking my brain for ideas on this one as well. My sales on B&N have stayed consistent for several months now. But consistent just means that your sales rank stays the same all the time over there. There's never a spike. I have no idea how I could up myself to the next level.

I list all my B&N works on my blog. I'm kind of hoping that as my blog traffic increases, so will the number of views by nook owners.

·
Registered
300 Posts
CraigInTwinCities said:
There isn't one. The only ways to "gift" a free book to a Nook owner is to either give them a B&N gift certificate, or to do a Smashwords free coupon code and direct them to download the epub format free from Smashwords and sideload it. I love my Nook, but the non-gifting thing is annoying; I like that feature of Amazon.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Alain Gomez said:
Someone on here made the point that the audience is different for the nook compared to the kindle. Many nook owners bought their device in a store rather than online. So the audience is still a physical audience rather than electronic.
This.

Not only did many buy their Nook in the store, but I actually know plenty of Nook users who bought it solely for the ability to use it to borrow e-books from their local library system rather than to purchase e-books. So for their $249 (or so) they get free "rentals" at the library of the hottest NY Times bestsellers, and they're not interested in looking for indie books, no matter how inexpensive they might be, because 99 cents or $2.99 is still more than FREE.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amanda Brice said:
This.

Not only did many buy their Nook in the store, but I actually know plenty of Nook users who bought it solely for the ability to use it to borrow e-books from their local library system rather than to purchase e-books. So for their $249 (or so) they get free "rentals" at the library of the hottest NY Times bestsellers, and they're not interested in looking for indie books, no matter how inexpensive they might be, because 99 cents or $2.99 is still more than FREE.
Well, and let's face this, too:

The Nook Color is revered by many, many Android techies because with a couple simple hacks, it becomes one of the most low-priced Android devices capable of running Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) and they end up using it as a tablet PC instead of a book-buying device.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
CraigInTwinCities said:
Well, and let's face this, too:

The Nook Color is revered by many, many Android techies because with a couple simple hacks, it becomes one of the most low-priced Android devices capable of running Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) and they end up using it as a tablet PC instead of a book-buying device.
Darn good point, but NOT necessarily depressing. Look at it this way: ebook buyers can view your website/video/promo effort on their primary reading AND book-buying device... and if you link correctly, they can view and then immediately buy.

The question then becomes - what to create, and how to get them to view it?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
nomesque said:
Darn good point, but NOT necessarily depressing. Look at it this way: ebook buyers can view your website/video/promo effort on their primary reading AND book-buying device... and if you link correctly, they can view and then immediately buy.

The question then becomes - what to create, and how to get them to view it?
Amazon is moving this way too. The rumored Amazon tablets will be used for more than book reading. I think the days of the dedicated e-reader are numbered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.