Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a quite significant drop in B&N sales in the last couple of days (I've sold steadily all month, but in the past two days my sales have dropped to less than half of what they were).  My sellers over there are mostly erotic romance, and I'm not surprised to see them drop, since I haven't had a new book out in a couple of months (got a new one coming this week, though!).  I was a bit surprised to see all three of my top sellers drop at once, though.  Is anyone else seeing a drop in sales over there, or is it just the fact that my titles are older and I need to get off my duff and write some new stuff?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Mine have been slow this entire month. If things continue, I'll be at 2/3rds of what I was at last month, which is depressing.

But my sales have been slow on ARe also, so I wasn't sure if it was Kindle dominance thanks to all the freebies/cheapies that have been going up, or if I'm just spoiled. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I sell 100 times more books on Kindle than I do on B&N. For me it's useless. Is there a discussion group for Nook that one might use to stimulate sales? Thanks.

Larry Buttram

G

·
My drop in sales has been precipitous. I'm pulling in about a quarter of what I used to. It's really staggering. So I feel your pain.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My big drop there came a couple of months ago.  Now I'm coasting along at a much lower level.  The fact that I haven't had a new book out since last November probably isn't helping.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I was seeing up to 4/day on BN last month for Love Handles (more than on Amazon), but his month it's more like one-a-day. My numbers are so small though that it's not very meaningful data (compared to Jill and Ellen with serious numbers), but I thought I'd chime in.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My numbers are definitely not 'serious' on B&N. I'm moving about 50 a day between all books on Amazon, and more like 5 a day on B&N this month. Which is sad because back in Feb/March, I was easily moving about 15 a day on B&N. But it has been in a slump and just keeps on slumping.

I released a new novelette a few days ago and I haven't really seen an uptick in sales. Are people just not using their shiny color Nooks for actual reading? ;)

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had my big drop a couple of months ago, too, but that was directly caused by B&N screwing me over changing the rankings on some erotica books. But my bestseller has gone along at a fairly constant rate (albeit at about a fourth of what it was before the rankings thing) until the last two days, when it's just dropped off like crazy. My other two decent sellers (nothing to brag about, maybe ten copies a day apiece) have dropped off too. This just makes me wonder why-- something I probably wouldn't be wondering if B&N hadn't messed me up once before.

I'm also curious because as I said, I have one just about ready to go up, and if something newly odd is going on over there, I'd like to know in advance *sighs*.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I don't know, but last month they added a chunk of sales after the fact and this month they've already added a few in. I wouldn't be surprised to see another chunk added in later this month for the last couple of days.

I truly believe they are still building their back office and haven't hired the best tech people on the block.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wouldn't be surprised to see another chunk added in later this month for the last couple of days.
Well, I've also lost 500 points in the rankings in two days, so I have to figure my sales really ARE that low *shrugs*.

G

·
I still think they are manipulating the rankings, for whatever reason. During the past few days, the third book of my trilogy has been selling almost as well and sometimes better than the first book (which is crazy to begin with) but the ranking for book one has dropped to about 1,500 (more crazy) while the third book is at 7,000. This makes NO SENSE based on the number of sales I've been seeing.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Maybe it is with the onset of summer. Amazon sales havn't been to sparkling according to other threads. I'm waitong to hear from Smashwords if I have reached their premium distribution, so I reckon it will take some time to find out if I sell anything on B&N

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I don't know that I have sold anything, ever, at B&N - I think maybe one of my Christmas stories sold a copy there, once, perhaps?

In any case, I generally forget B&N exists. Not a good strategy, I know, but it just keeps slipping my mind.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts