Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I wanted to know if someone can tell me their experience as a translator for babelcube. I've already translated four books into Spanish, but haven't made any royalties yet... so I wanted to know when did you guys started making royalties?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The authors published them in Octuber and November... I thought by now I'd make some royalties, I know that the translators don't earn a lot from this page, but I thought at least I could make a couple of bucks. I just finished two more books that'll be published this month, but I want to know if I'll ever make some royalties.

·
Registered
128 Posts
AlexP said:
The authors published them in Octuber and November... I thought by now I'd make some royalties, I know that the translators don't earn a lot from this page, but I thought at least I could make a couple of bucks. I just finished two more books that'll be published this month, but I want to know if I'll ever make some royalties.
I haven't used BabelCube (I prefer to pay translators and keep the rights), but your problem might be the territory; Spanish Language, in my experience, doesn't have the highest return. The best market outside US / UK / Canada is DE (German), in my opinion.

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
327 Posts
I've had a number of books translated there and honestly, none of them have made either the translator or me much money. I've shifted to paying for translations because Bablecube's reporting is terrible. Other than not being out of pocket for the translations, and sometimes getting a book into a language I wouldn't otherwise, I'm not keen on them.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
AlexP said:
Amazon pays out two months after the fact. Royalties from October would be paid at the end of December, and royalties accrued for November won't pay out until the end of January.

The problem is, though, that a lot of indie books don't do well. So if they're not selling, you won't make any royalties. If you know the names of the books, you can go and check the ranks on the different Amazon sites. If it has no rank, that means it hasn't sold any copies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts