Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been able to figure out message boards. Wanted to reply to the welcome messages sent to me, but couldn't figure out how that was done.

So I'm back and trying again. I do thank you for the warm welcome. As an author who has been e-published for years, it's so exciting to see how many people have embraced the Kindle and are reading books on it. It's definitely a new age and something I've looked forward to for years. Thank you for your kindness.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
When you are reading a comment and want to quote someone, on the top right of the message is a box with the word Quote next to it. That will open up the reply screen. When you finish click on the Post button and you are done. If you don't want to quote at the top of the messages and the bottom is a row of buttons and one is Reply. Hope this helps. :)

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
I don't think you CAN directly reply to the e-mail welcome, though I'm sure there was a link to bring you to the board.  Anyway, you're here, so click around and see what happens!

Note that there is a 'quick reply' box at the bottom of each board page.  You can type quickly there and, if you know the codes, add bold and italics, etc.  You can use the quote button as Kathy noted.  It'll copy the whole message and you can delete any part that is not relevant to what you want to say.

If you don't know the codes or want to put more neat stuff in your response, use the REPLY button at the bottom of the thread page.  It'll bring up a dedicated reply page which will have buttons to add smiley's and colors and font sizes and such.  If you're in 'quick reply' and click preview, you'll also get to that page.  Preview lets you see how your post will look, post actually posts it.  If you see an 'oops' after it's posted, you have a 'modify' icon which will allow you to edit it. 

You may have to turn on 'quick reply' in your profile. . . .

My advice, just click around. . . .don't worry, you can't break anything. . . .play with it and see how things work.  For instance, the colored rectangles at the top of the page aren't just for show:  if you click on one it changes the board color scheme.  So pick one you like!

There are also more hints in the Forum Central part of the board of ways folks have found to navigate.  Enjoy!

Ann

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I'm betting you couldn't reply because you were not logged in.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
MarilynMeredith said:
As an author who has been e-published for years, it's so exciting to see how many people have embraced the Kindle and are reading books on it. It's definitely a new age and something I've looked forward to for years. Thank you for your kindness.
Five years ago I really believed that the industry would head towards print-quantity-needed publishing; now I'm wondering if the Kindle isn't the start of something much bigger. Other eBook readers have come and gone, but this one looks like it will stick. Competition is on the horizon (which is a good thing, imnsho); prices will drop, middlemen will be eliminated, the number of available (good) books will go up, and in the end, the readers will win.

This is a very exciting time for publishing, except perhaps for the traditional publishers not ready to make the jump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts